If you love off road racing how are you not there?

MTPyle

Reaction
There is virtually NO rock crawling at KOH. This year there was the Lasernut Rock Coronation which was real rock crawling but every other race that happens in the rock trails can only be called a rock assault!! This years event was epic. Folks have said there was 25-50% less people there but you couldn't tell from my viewpoint. Also epic as TR Racers won the rock crawl, the pit crew challenge, the EMC race and the Main Event.

The racing over the rocks was unbelievable. I also thought it was rock crawling but no way. I was as entertained as I get.

BTW We took out a wheel and tire both in pre run and in qualifying. We only had 5 total spares so that only left 3 for the race. Method was not staffing the event and I could not get ahold of anyone. I went around Hammertown looking for wheels. Came across Larry at Trailready and asked if he had any wheels I could buy. He said they were not selling wheels at the event but he would loan us his display wheels. Man what an offer and showed who Trailready is. We ended up not finding anymore tires so we had to race with only 3 spares. All the TT guys that run Toyo had the new 40" and the 39" guys didn't have enough to spare. But the fact that Larry offered to loan his display wheels shows what kind of company they are. Thanks again Trail Ready!!!

Mike

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
The first two are by @havahockey Not sure if the Rob Mac shot is his.

This is one of my favorites from our story about the 4400 race.

2021-koh-4400-race-race-dezert-55.jpg
Thanks Curtis! That shot is RAD!

cjohnson

Reaction
There is virtually NO rock crawling at KOH. This year there was the Lasernut Rock Coronation which was real rock crawling but every other race that happens in the rock trails can only be called a rock assault!! This years event was epic. Folks have said there was 25-50% less people there but you couldn't tell from my viewpoint. Also epic as TR Racers won the rock crawl, the pit crew challenge, the EMC race and the Main Event.
Not really into rock assaulting either. It did look like there was some good desert racing so I may check that out next time.

tapeworm

Reaction
Not really into rock assaulting either. It did look like there was some good desert racing so I may check that out next time.
There was two days of off-road racing with multiple spectating spots and one speed zone. Something BITD is unable to accomplish plus it’s close enough you can make it home the day after the race. I do t understand why any fan wouldn’t be there? The course is 10 times tougher than anything BITD starts with also so you see the cars actually working, not just moving a crossed a prepped race course.

This event should be on everyone’s list if they are able to go.

cjohnson

Reaction
There was two days of off-road racing with multiple spectating spots and one speed zone. Something BITD is unable to accomplish plus it’s close enough you can make it home the day after the race. I do t understand why any fan wouldn’t be there? The course is 10 times tougher than anything BITD starts with also so you see the cars actually working, not just moving a crossed a prepped race course.

This event should be on everyone’s list if they are able to go.
I'm not a fan, I'm a desert racer. I would have to drop one of my other races to attend this one. Limited budget and all. I would have to agree the spectator experience at BITD races is pathetic. That's why I like racing in Baja. Fans are everywhere.

jon coleman

Reaction
I'm not a fan, I'm a desert racer. I would have to drop one of my other races to attend this one. Limited budget and all. I would have to agree the spectator experience at BITD races is pathetic. That's why I like racing in Baja. Fans are everywhere.
only races i used to go to as a spectator were Baja& local Plaster city, otherwise racers Hate 'watching ' a motorsport event, its just not in our dna, money, time, my reasons of never having been to koh, plus, if i go, it wont be epic, like surfing, im doing rDc nation a favor, if i dont go, it will always be the best, like if i leave my surfboard at home, there are good waves for the other surfers( the ' shoulda been here yesterday' syndrome),( maybe next year.....

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
KOH fuggin' DWARFS every stateside race I have ever been to in every way.
With the exception of Crandon, I have been to every USA race that matters (multiple times.)
It's literally the best off road race in the USA.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

we did it mic drop GIF

Last edited:

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
With the exception of Crandon, I have been to every USA race that matters multiple times.
Its literally the best off road race in the USA.

we did it mic drop GIF
PREACH BROTHER!!!!!!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
It’s rad for me just to check out all the wild machines and different builds ya see out there. The EMC race is like what the Indy 500 used to be. Build it and run it In any of the 4 classes and the classes have minimal rules, mostly shock location and tire size. Shoot there was 4 separate Suzuki Samurais racing. Pretty rad.
It doesn’t hurt that PAB and the team raced all 5 races. We had qualifying or racing or both pretty much every day.
I was too worn out everynight to head out to one of the canyons to watch the craziness. Next year I’m catching the Shoot-out for sure.
I get it If you’re not into it but you’re the one losing out on an amazing week!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
It was nice that there was a little down time for us on the desert weekend. The families came out and we rode motos, quads and Utv’s with the kids, sat around bonfires, played with the boys toy trucks in the dirt and watched fireworks. Pretty rad time.

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
With the exception of Crandon, I have been to every USA race that matters (multiple times.)
It's literally the best off road race in the USA.

we did it mic drop GIF

don’t let the Martellis hear you say that 🤣

Attachments

• F52C53E9-78C5-413E-9D52-A18B7D99285B.jpeg
    F52C53E9-78C5-413E-9D52-A18B7D99285B.jpeg
    535.7 KB · Views: 30