• Forum membership has its advantages....

im looking to buy a rzr. just don't know which one handles best

jbust1

im looking to buy a xp 1000 turbo.
my problem is im not sure which one. the 2 or 4 seater. i don't have kids. but i like to do long rides.. i been riding in baja for the last 5 five years. know i want to do it in a rzr. maybe start doing week trips. my question is which rzr perform better in the deep whoop. does the turbo make that much more of a difference. more then likley the back seats on the 4 seater will be scraped for tool space. but how does it handle?

43mod

X2 just a few days from pulling the trigger on one for the same reasons. Same questions.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
I'd suggest the long WB model will handle whoops better and be less endo-prone.

RedRide

Difference between NA and Turbo is significant. If you are doing a lot of wide open long desert riding, I would suggest the turbo.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Robin Hood

im looking to buy a xp 1000 turbo.
my problem is im not sure which one. the 2 or 4 seater. i don't have kids. but i like to do long rides.. i been riding in baja for the last 5 five years. know i want to do it in a rzr. maybe start doing week trips. my question is which rzr perform better in the deep whoop. does the turbo make that much more of a difference. more then likley the back seats on the 4 seater will be scraped for tool space. but how does it handle?
4 seat turbo without a doubt....2 seaters are squirrelly, NA are don't have enough power, the pedal is always to the floor.

The turbo's have some clutch issues that Polaris needs to figure out. If you keep an eye on the clutch it shouldn't leave you stranded but may require some warranty work or maintenance. Some have experienced axle and over-heating issues but they seem to be more isolated cases.