I'm not alone ??

tkr

Re: I\'m not alone ??

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3126377946&category=2584>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3126377946&category=2584</A>

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

JeffS

That is so cool, and so are daves models, I'd like to try making one, but how in the heck do you make front and rear fenders that look like race glass ??

- Jeff S.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.RedRockOffroad.com>http://www.RedRockOffroad.com</A> - There is a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

martininsocal

Not to bag, but yours are better Dave. But it is still cool. Just think of the possibilities if that was a woman who built it...lots of little model makers...

If your gonna go, go BIG

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire

I just want to know how you get the small little stickers? Do the companies make them or do you or do they come with the kit?

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

dave

Well on this model this.The person used either a the Nascar or Nastruck model kit. The cab cage and the engine cage and motor is from either one of those kits. As for the fenders.. The ( front fender ) is really a rear frender or (bed side) turned around, ( I like it ). The kit used for the fenders the Chevy step side kit. I think put out by AMT ? It's no longer made but you can still find them on line. I say if you want to try and make your own I say go for it !! Pick up a Nastruck model and go to town.

dave

Thanks Martin ... Yeah John I don't think Cha would go for that ..lol
As for the stickers I use R/C Car stickers and Nascar stickers that comes with the kits. I also make a few of my own .... This is funny you bring the stickers up. I just found a guy who makes after market stickers for all the scale model guys who make the Nascar models , Any way he told me he would be willing to make any of the stickers I need to help me out .I told him my story and sent pic's and he said he would be willing to do what ever to help get my model to look better then they are ( decales )I told him about me trying to get the big model companys to make a kit.. he even said he would even buy 3 or so kits.Well for the past year or so I have been really trying to get the big model companys to make a real off road race truck model kit. H*ll I'm even trying to make a kit , but don't hold your breath on mine......I have Revell looking into it but ??? I have even gone to AMT ..They make a lot of the Nascar models.... but Nothing yet. I have a well known TT team lined up and everything. The decale guy told me to get signatures and send them a list of signatures with maybe a #
from the person on how many models they would buy ? just to show them that there is people who really want a real race truck model kit...
I will keep trying ...

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire

If you need a signiture sheet, don't foget to post it here. I would be more than happy to sign up for one and I'm sure there are more on here that would be too.

Good luck and keep up the excellent work....

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

martininsocal

John- I know, but isn't the thought entertaining?

If your gonna go, go BIG

EQuin

Man, Dave, that would be great if the big model companies would come out with a kit. I don't have the skill, patience and talent to build models like yours, but an off-road racing model kit would be great for someone like me. Like the other gentleman said, if there's a petition sign-up sheet let me know. Or, I guess I could e-mail Revell or Tamiya or the other big model companies and ask them.

Take care,

Ed Q.

JHC

DesertDog

Now Dave, you knew you were'nt alone..........
I still say we / you / I should go to one of the smaller resin casters,
who might be willing to do a project but as far as a whole kit goes it could be pricey.

Be Fast Or Be Last (but BE CAREFUL)
Second Place Is The First Loser