I'm putting the camera in your hands

SEANY

Reaction
I was loading footage last night from last weekends primm short course race and was thinking. If I was that guy sitting in the stands or the driver behind the wheel of that race vehicle what would I want to see on film after the race.

I know you all have thought of things you would like to see in a offroad video, please fill me in. When I am filming I try and catch the WOW shots, that awesome pass made by Carl Renezeder or the distance on that jump by Travis Coyne. I want to know what the fans and drivers of the sport want to see and how they want to view it. Do like the music mixed with the engine sounds, just music, just engine. Editing were clips flow with the beat of the music. How about a race review that shows and tells lap by lap whats happing in the race with a finish order at the end. Please let me know. This thread isnt just for myself but for all other video/ photo guys and gals to learn from and pick up new ideas givin to us by the people who watch and buy our stuff.

Seany

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I was loading footage last night from last weekends primm short course race and was thinking. If I was that guy sitting in the stands or the driver behind the wheel of that race vehicle what would I want to see on film after the race.

I know you all have thought of things you would like to see in a offroad video, please fill me in. When I am filming I try and catch the WOW shots, that awesome pass made by Carl Renezeder or the distance on that jump by Travis Coyne. I want to know what the fans and drivers of the sport want to see and how they want to view it. Do like the music mixed with the engine sounds, just music, just engine. Editing were clips flow with the beat of the music. How about a race review that shows and tells lap by lap whats happing in the race with a finish order at the end. Please let me know. This thread isnt just for myself but for all other video/ photo guys and gals to learn from and pick up new ideas givin to us by the people who watch and buy our stuff.

Seany

How about some 24 Hours of Lemons footage???

SEANY

Reaction
How about some 24 Hours of Lemons footage???

Theres a total of about 3 hours of footage that I just don't have the time to work on. I really wish I did becuase it would be fun to edit, between my day job, working with Danny and Scott I have no extra time. I will do my best to work on it little bits at a time. Sorry guys.:confused:

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Theres a total of about 3 hours of footage that I just don't have the time to work on. I really wish I did becuase it would be fun to edit, between my day job, working with Danny and Scott I have no extra time. I will do my best to work on it little bits at a time. Sorry guys.:confused:

Put Danny and Scott on hold, the masses want to see the 24 Hours of Lemons!! HAHAHAHA :D:D

Chase 2

Reaction
I think that many (if not most) vids get too carried away with the music. Hey I'm a motorhead! I want to hear motors! Background music is fine, but I don't like having to turn the sound down due to the music.

sandfish

Reaction
I agree with chase2, motors always sound better then music. but you can always cut in between the music with some high reving.As far as commentary goes i think it should only be in documentarys unless you got some funny stuff to put in. my .2 cents:rolleyes:

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
SEANY LEAK SOME LEMONS FOOTAGE!!!!! Please!!!! I am trying to get us more sponsors!

A big thanks to Jerry at CAMBURG for the springs BTW. You rule!:):):):cool::cool::cool:

Now for your other projects, I like a bit of behind the scenes stuff and I like the engine noise mixed with the music. If the audio is matched with the beat I think it is less important but still cool. Also, depending on the shot, motor alone is cool too. One thing I get tired of is slowmotion shots of suspension travel. Too often the slowed down shots are overused IMO.

I have tried to make feature videos myself and it ain't easy. Especially for a guy like you who cant get ANY lemons footy on youtube.:p;):rolleyes:

Chase 2

Reaction
I like that as well. Mixing in and out is pretty cool.
I agree. I like it when the music bleeds in and out, I just don't like it when it's all about the music, because I'm not watching the vid for the music.

John F2000

Reaction
if the dvd can hold enough have the option to play with no music.

Or bring music in and out when you have bad audio or people talking over it. Otherwise let the natural sound play thru. Here is an example of a youtube video with music in and out over the engine sound, its a boat but the concept is the same. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX347RsFGg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX347RsFGg[/ame]

The previous rivera video had a scene with curt leduc in san felipe that was one of the best in car camera videos yet. Put a lot of extra raw footage in car and out of car at the end of the video. The more the better, sometimes it is better than the edited video.

JMiller

Reaction

Seany
Wow shots are always nice to have.
Audio, I would like to hear a mix but mostly engine noise and other sounds from the event like crowds cheering...
A race review would be cool, at lest the finishing order.
Behind the scenes shots and commentary from the racers before and after the race are alway a cool thing to see and make the video feel more personal.

SEANY

Reaction
HMMM, didn't some rich 5-1600 guy pay your entry fee????:eek:

Yea right after I spent a week of my life building a cage in the racecar to keep him and his team along with me safe.

BING BONG you just got served :D

SEANY

Reaction
I think that many (if not most) vids get too carried away with the music. Hey I'm a motorhead! I want to hear motors! Background music is fine, but I don't like having to turn the sound down due to the music.

Ok I will note that while editing, thanks

Wow shots are always nice to have.
Audio, I would like to hear a mix but mostly engine noise and other sounds from the event like crowds cheering...
A race review would be cool, at lest the finishing order.
Behind the scenes shots and commentary from the racers before and after the race are alway a cool thing to see and make the video feel more personal.

The crowd shots are good to show how popular this sport really is, I also want to talk and put that in the film. I am aiming for a "THE GREAT OUTDOORS" motocross video look. If you havent seen it you need to check it out.