Important letter about PRIMM/Jean

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
From The Desk Of Don Wall/President of SNORE:
Attention OHV community. SNORE Southern Nevada Off Road Enthusiasts is scheduling a protest on August 26Th Wednesday at 4 pm at 333 Las Vegas Blvd South. Harry Reid's office. The reason for the protest is the solar plant being proposed by next-light. They are gearing up to take Jean over and they get the profits and Nevada gets nothing. This is the last straw. Be at the protest on Wednesday to tell Harry Reid that enough is enough!!! If you cant be in Vegas please email him through the web site at http://reid.senate.gov/ please go to this web site and tell the Reid you DO NOT WANT THIS. Jean is our last great central race course. Please help SNORE protect your ability to recreate.

harleys dad

Reaction
Reid is such a clown and a snake, How in heck did you Nevada folks vote this traitorous clown into office time and again. He is up for re election, are you going to vote him in again to continue destroying our country and freedom??? wake up!, you should be protesting his re election also. Talk about someone who wont listen,E-mail sent

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
You know the AZ rep will show and they done pissed Chuck Norris's dad off!!!!

Kirk_Babbington

Reaction
I converted the data from GeoCommunicator to Google Earth so everyone can see the extent of what we are up against in the Primm/Jean area. The red shaded areas are the proposed areas various companies have sought to build solar sites at. The yellow routes are from the typical SCORE and BITD race courses in the area. If these projects are approved, we will no longer be racing there as all routes to make a loop will be cut off by the projects.

See the attachment in this post, you have to have Google Earth installed to view it (a program which every offroad enthusiast should have installed already!)

Attachments

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
Reaction
E-mail sent, come on off road community, get serious about this and make yourselves heard..........................

J Prich

Reaction
E-mail sent, come on off road community, get serious about this and make yourselves heard..........................
Kirk,
Thanks for taking the time to post the overlay. I expressed my concern at the Gold Strike meeting that any one of these projects by themselves may not represent a major problem but when you look at them collectively, the impact on the OHV community is very significant. Each approved project in the Jean/Primm area that is financially successful is going to draw more and more companies in looking to get a piece of that pie.

dwasser

Reaction
Attention OHV community. SNORE Southern Nevada Off Road Enthusiasts is scheduling a protest on August 26Th Wednesday at 4 pm at 333 Las Vegas Blvd South. Harry Reid's office. The reason for the protest is the solar plant being proposed by next-light. They are gearing up to take Jean over and they get the profits and Nevada gets nothing. This is the last straw. Be at the protest on Wednesday to tell Harry Reid that enough is enough!!! If you cant be in Vegas please email him through the web site at http://reid.senate.gov/ please go to this web site and tell the Reid you DO NOT WANT THIS. Jean is our last great central race course. Please help SNORE protect your ability to recreate.
E-mail sent. Is it normal for a Senator to say that the can't respond to any e-mails from people that don't live in Nevada or "do not have a stake in Nevada"? What does that mean anyway?

Just an FYI. This same issue is coming to Plaster City sooner then we think.

PK CINCO

Reaction
E-mail out also, i cant attend meeting, in phoenix, but looking at the google map, the area north of freeway seems substantial in area to
build a few sq miles of panels, and there are tons of areas out there
that are not even close to the courses, they will fence them in anyways
so why cant this all co-exist? The races will have absolutely no
negative impact what so ever on these solar farms, and if looked at
closely, could be completed and be far away from any routes we have ever used. Best of luck at the meeting, and everyone load up his e-mail
box. I dont think they can tell where the e-mail comes from unless its
in your e-mail as text somewhere,........if it is, delete it,send e-mails from
anyone elses e-mail also.

Post this info on the sand dune / glamis sites they are really good about
attacking these with huge numbers and know what to say,its just not our race site, many people go there to ride recreational also

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
Reid is such a clown and a snake, How in heck did you Nevada folks vote this traitorous clown into office time and again. He is up for re election, are you going to vote him in again to continue destroying our country and freedom??? wake up!, you should be protesting his re election also. Talk about someone who wont listen,E-mail sent
send that prick into retirement. i went to that meeting in Jean and it's gonna be hard to fight big companies that donate lots of $$$ to snakes like Reid to get their projects "fast-tracked". I'm all for solar energy but not like this. The next-light guy didn't didn't seem to think that the off-road community and their 4 dates was much of a threat to his project. but if your wonderful govt. official thinks that the thousands of off-roaders and their familes do pose a threat to their re-election then maybe there is a chance of fighting this deal.

i was disappointed to see how few people were at the Jean meeting considering the V2R qualifying was just down the street. its a numbers game and showing up matters.

Kirk_Babbington

Reaction
I also found this map on the MRAN message board, it shows the layout of the McCullough Pass project that will surround the upper Knight Ranch Road pit.

nohandslance

Reaction
send that prick into retirement. i went to that meeting in Jean and it's gonna be hard to fight big companies that donate lots of $$$ to snakes like Reid to get their projects "fast-tracked". I'm all for solar energy but not like this. The next-light guy didn't didn't seem to think that the off-road community and their 4 dates was much of a threat to his project. but if your wonderful govt. official thinks that the thousands of off-roaders and their familes do pose a threat to their re-election then maybe there is a chance of fighting this deal.

i was disappointed to see how few people were at the Jean meeting considering the V2R qualifying was just down the street. its a numbers game and showing up matters.
How many people from the Off-Road community showed up? Head/name count if possible.

J Prich

Reaction
I was there. But here's the the thing about that. If I don't speak, who knows why I'm even there? Point being, attendance is great and it's a shame that there weren't more there. But even just attendance isn't going to win these fights in my opinion. Unless I specifically say something, my presence alone doesn't do much to represent the voice of the OHV community, or any other community that's opposed for that matter. The fact is a handful of us sitting there in a meeting room isn't going to be enough to beat this. Even the valiant handful who actually verbalized their issues are fighting a losing battle.

The vast majority of Southern Nevadans who don't use those public lands for OHV use could care less about our concerns regarding access, races, etc. What they'll hear is a bunch of corporate guys in suits saying sexy things about renewable energy that is environmentally friendly and they'll bite. Without any interest in the land that WE'RE fighting for, this all seems like a great deal. More access to clean power, the promise of job creation, etc, at basically no sacrificial cost to them anyway since they haven't seen anything 10 feet in either direction of the 15 anyway.

This threat is going to continue to grow because these areas are prime real estate for the renewable energy crowd. Every new "NextLight" that crops up with a highly successful and profitable business is going to draw other companies looking to cash in. Without coordinated effort from the OHV community, a couple of "lone wolfs" speaking up at planning meetings are not going to out manuever corporate interests.

Just my .02.

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
I was there and didn't voice my concern during the meeting. I chose to put my comments into the public record via email. I did however ride the elevator and then had a very nice conversation with the man from the BLM who is making the decision on this project. He is an honest guy who really wants to hear from as many voices as possible. I told him that i didn't know enough about the specifics but that there is enough desert for everybody to do their thing and that i was concerned that the off-road community was getting pushed out. I really feel that from his response that he takes his job very seriously and wants to manage the land for everybody. I also feel that there are members of the BLM that aren't as open to those principals and are more influenced by the politics of this issue. It's the politicians and their pet projects whose sole purpose is to get that politician re-elected. These pet projects very often don't look very far ahead and are only for short term political gain.

It's like people who buy Prius's. It makes you feel all warm and cozy that you're doing something for everybody by driving that thing. Then you develop an attitude that everybody should be driving one and that those who don't should be told, then forced to do so. That's wonderful that you're getting 50 mpg or whatever. but what the hell are you gonna do with all those batteries that are eventually toxic, big/heavy and worthless. It's your short term gain on your pocket book because of the fewer trips to the gas station and the fact that you feel wonderful cause you think you're helping the environment but it's everybody's long term loss that we have to deal with the waste coming from the production of that car. kinda over-simplified. however, this solar project is going to make alot of people warm and fuzzy that they are doing their part and the politicians are going to be able to say look at what i did. and it will be a long term nail in the coffin for those that enjoy the desert for what is it.

the other thing is mitigation. the BLM is looking for ways to mitigate the effects this project will have if it goes through. they honestly want ideas as to how to do so. somebody smarter than I about this whole thing should get a plan together that says if you are going to take away land forever for solar power than you should set aside spot x or y for off-road use forever. or at least some sort of plan that will help shape the future use of the desert for off-roading, racing or otherwise.

lose this battle and it will be easier for other projects to get approved.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction

Media Press Release for protest

Specifics… The solar initiative that is evolving is once again stripping our public lands of public access. Not only does the power get brokered for profit, there is very little in incentives and benefits to Nevadans. The FAA and Clark County closed Ivan Paw dry lakebed for a proposed airport. A good portion of Eldorado Valley is now closed to public access for recreation. The reasoning for the Eldorado closure is a conservation easement dictating closure for public access. How much control does our state and federal government want. Jean to State Line is some of the most sought after real estate in the country. But giving it to big business without contributing to the Nevada’s quality of life is where I draw the line. Below is my correspondence to all of the local clubs and organizations to be at this event. I believe that there will be a significant turn out. SNORE has 4500 members.

My name is Don Wall and I am the President of SNORE. Southern Nevada Off Road Enthusiasts. As a resident and native of Las Vegas, I have seen the growth and change first hand. On August 26th at 4pm at 333 N Las Vegas Blvd (Harry Reids Office) this grass roots non-profit organization is going to peacefully demonstrate in front of our Senators office. It is time we stop the insanity that our government is doing. With all the land closures and the we the government instead of we the people mentality. I urge you to participate in this democratic infusion in our lives. During the last 100 years 60+ new taxes have been placed on our backs. I feel the load is to great and government must reconsider what it is the people need. Not what the government wants. If you would like to contact me please feel free to email me at dwall1618@yahoo.com. It is time we correct the path of our elected officials, before they wreck our chances for a productive journey

PK CINCO

Reaction
This may be off the charts a little, but you would think that our friends that own those hotels out there would be concerned also, several races
a year with the economy the way it is..............is this, off roaders fill up those rooms,food venues, tables and purchase fuel, several different events happen there with cars,trucks, supermoto, stadium, etc. Maybe their hands are tied? It would almost seem like a big hit on them also because of what they do for events that need the desert surrounding them. ..................just a thought.