IMPORTANT ! Password issue

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
We will in the near future switch to yet another message board software.

As we are completing some import tests of all the posts, attachments, users and private messages we noticed that there is a password compatibly issue.

If someone uses a password that is older then 2 month your password will be invalid after our switchover and we (the admins and moderators) will have to manual reset it. To make it easier on yourself change it now before we switch.
Go to "My Home" in the menu or simply click here.

Hint:
If you are comfortable with your old password you may select a new temporary password. Save it and then sitch back to your "old" password.

Thank you for reading this and your cooperation.

---

The new Forum will have more bells and whistles....

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I am dealing with tech support to get some issues resolved.
Once that is done we will switch. As early as next week but likely later.

The new software will be VBulletin. In my opinion nicer as it offers more bells and the layout and functionality is like this board. We will have one skin that looks like the default current skin. As its more popular there are more add-ons available also...again offering more possibilities.

sirhk100

Reaction
Can I just change it to something like "test" for a couple minutes then switch it back to my old one?

TimHayosh

Reaction
VBulletin is cool!
2 thumbs (which is what I type with) UP!

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Not really. UBBThreads is dead and slow no matter how much hardware you throw at it.. VBullletin is nice but the most feature rich app we have seen and are now using on Baja.net is FudForum (not related to FRT). It's only downfall is the lack of quick integration with PHPNuke which is a portal front end.