in car cam

justplainnate

Reaction
heres some footage from testing for last race from my car. feel free to post up any other in car footage from your 9 car.

hey kevin ill have yours done soon and this time it wont be from my phone recording off the tv :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ACME

Reaction
Nice, the car tracked awesome. How many miles were on those ball joints again??? RRRIIIGGGHHTTT...

Is that what car on the trailer at the end a show car?

justplainnate

Reaction
the camera is a go pro camera that we bought from jacob wisdom at the night race. as far as balljoints i think its ok to replace them now:D

Shred918

Reaction
Lets not forget the other great videos these guys star in.......:rolleyes:

#75race

Reaction
Nate, that's rad! Now I don't know if that's some kind of camera trick or something, but it actually kinda looked like you were going fast in that video! Haha, just kidding man, the car looked pretty good. I forgot to tell you, congrats on your finish in the Chili Cookoff race. The points must be pretty close right now. There's plenty of time till December, so make sure that car is dialed in right and give everyone a good race, okay? Good job, Nate.

Last edited:

justplainnate

Reaction
That's one film vault that needs never be opened.
AGREED!!! ill bring plenty of fire wood if you bring the remaining post event film coverage to the next race:D:D:D

TauMau

Reaction
I suppose I'll post up our footage in here as well.

Shot with the exact same setup as Nates' (GoPro wide with roll cage mount).

ACME

Reaction
AGREED!!! ill bring plenty of fire wood if you bring the remaining post event film coverage to the next race:D:D:D
NO! These must be saved & guarded so that future generations can learn and benefit from their fore-fathers and understand where their species evolved from...

ML Racer

Reaction
I've got a youtube question.......so I have some in-car footage I was gonna post, but being a real rookie in this department, it says to keep the length under 10 minutes....OK, I'm good with that, but if I have hours of footage, when it says "Upload Video" I click it, and I grab it off my Desktop, it starts to down load the whole file:confused: Do I need additional sofware to edit the video file to where I can pick and choose pices of the race???

TauMau

Reaction
Unless you have a clip that's under 10 minutes in it's native state (ie when you pull it up on your computer) then you'll need to use a program to cut it down.

I use Windows Movie Maker to edit it.

If you're running Microsoft go

START > All Programs > Windows Movie Maker

or if it's not in that list it may be

START > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Windows Movie Maker

If you still can't find it go

START > SEARCH

do a search under "all files and folders" for "Windows Movie Maker". If you have it, it'll come up.

If you're running Mac then you should have iMovie.

Whichever program you use, when saving it as a "movie file" you'll want a format compatible with YouTube such as WMV. PM if you need some more guidance.

ML Racer

Reaction
Unless you have a clip that's under 10 minutes in it's native state (ie when you pull it up on your computer) then you'll need to use a program to cut it down.

I use Windows Movie Maker to edit it.

If you're running Microsoft go

START > All Programs > Windows Movie Maker

or if it's not in that list it may be

START > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Windows Movie Maker

If you still can't find it go

START > SEARCH

do a search under "all files and folders" for "Windows Movie Maker". If you have it, it'll come up.

If you're running Mac then you should have iMovie.

Whichever program you use, when saving it as a "movie file" you'll want a format compatible with YouTube such as WMV. PM if you need some more guidance.
Well I have Windows Movie Maker on this pc (at work) but the race footage is on my lap top at home. I'll give it a try after I get back from the Sand Sport Show tonight. Grassy a s s, Me-Ah-Me-Go

mrmatt

Reaction
Nice video Nate! (well.....one of them:p)

same to you Jacob. How much do your cams go for?

TauMau

Reaction
$240 out the door ready to shoot.

Includes camera with waterproof case and various mounts (suction, helmet, adhesive), memory card, batteries (usually lithiums, but I've got a couple sets of pre-charged, rechargeable nimhs for the next couple people that buy one), and a roll cage mount.

BenStock

Reaction
How are you guys mounting your GoPros?

I tried using the 3M adhesive with the snap in clip this weekend and had a couple issues.

#1 the clip in mount rattled while I was testing it so I goobered some silicone which solved the problem. Unfortunately while wiggling the the mount to see how sturdy it was, I busted one of the plastic eye holes off. Left my spare mounts at the hotel so I was S.O.L. :(

I heard there was a mount that can attach to a roll bar? If so, where can I find one of these?

ML Racer

Reaction
Thanks to TauMau for a little guidance as this would be my first Youtube video:p

[video=youtube;gjC6t8Oe-1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjC6t8Oe-1w[/video]