In-Car Cams

racer951

This is something I've always been curious about. Basically what is the price range from worst to best, how many options are there, and what companies make them. I've always wanted to get a system but never really looked into it. One of the funniest things I've seen was a 12mm camera (old big movie camera i think) mounted on the roof of a class 10 when the 500 was started south of Ensenada going up the hill. That was classic.

racer951

I looked on their site and didn't see them. I remember seeing them on their site a couple years back though, so I assume they'd have access to some, just don't know how good or how much. One thing about PCI though...has anyone ever been charged CA sales tax by them in Mex.?

pciscott

951 PCI does make the trip South of the border, which is getting tougher and more costly every race. We are doing business as a California business and we do charge sales tax to all Californians that we do business with. There is no place to put on our tax form sales made in Mexico. Other companies do the same because in reality we should not be selling anything in Mexico. As far as in car Cameras we have two systems available at this time, the Black Box digital in car camera system that has a Sony X555 digital Camera with a fixed focal length 1.2 mm lens and a GVD 800 Digital video deck. This unit is self contained and hooks into the PCI intercom and records voice as well as engine noise. Most of the Protruck teams run this camera on the Protruck TV series. This is a high end broadcast quality video system that is racer price $3995. We also sell the Action Sports cameras that are a add on to your own camcorder. They work pretty good and have a built in mike for the camera. The system sells for $495. You can upgrade to a billet bracket for $80 and add a wired remote control if your camera has a LANC port $125. Most cameras that have a VCR feature will work with the Action Sports Camera. The Black Box system has 540 lines of digital quality and the Action cam is 180 lines. If you watch the Protruck TV show closely Stiles racing has the Action Sports Camera and the rest of the Teams have the Black Box. On my large screen TV you can see a difference the lower res camera has lines and the Digital does not. I thank you for pointing out that the Cameras are not on my Website that will be fixed in the next couple of Days. We have been busy with the Sand Sports Show, MDR, and The Expo and have not had much time for the day to day. For contingency people to be 100% legal in Mexico we are supposed to pay 30% import duty to Mexico customs, would you pay the extra 30%? The Gas Companies have to pay this tax and that is why the price of race gas in Mexico has gone up so high. PCI will continue trying to get South of the border until the fees outweigh the benifits of suporting the races south of the border. We thank those of you who chose PCI for your support. See you guys at MDR on Friday and my father will be at the Snore 250 for Contingency and the Weatherman and I will be at the Expo with the rest of the PCI crew the next weekend. We also have a special treat for those of you going to the Offroad Expo, Dana Nicholson and his Fleshgear riders will be jumping over the PCI Racing Semi lengthwise three times a day. We will also have Big Bird and my new Hot Rod on display along with some loud music. They will be jumping over 80 feet, should be a pretty crazy show!

BugRacer

I have been using the Action Sports Cam for a year now, and I think it works great. I have $1600. into the set up. The only problem I have with it is, it only can tape for 1 hour, then I have to change the tape. It's fun to check out the tape after the race, or when the guys come over to help with the car. Jeff Sack 550 <font color="yellow"> </font color>

Rory

Crayola Killer
Scott,

I heard a rumor that the Off Road video Dana was shooting might be done for the Off Road Expo. Is that true? Were waiting patiently.......
Wardy

frankh

I have used Tony/ Movin Dirt's in my one car, It worked great. It did the whole race on one tape. he let dp2 use some of my footage. I'm sure if you get hold of him, he can do somthing.

Project1500

What cameras were used on the buggy in DP1 and gregs truck in ocotillo that filmed the suspension cycling? I think in DP1 it said something about lazer cams?

R_TAYLOR

I was impressed with Billys camera setup. The guy knows what hes doing and he has a good system. My truck is at H &amp; M getting the back half of the truck replaced. Then we can race