• Forum membership has its advantages....

In Car footage

John Bitting

Administrator
In Crusty 6 is some of the best in car footage I have ever seen from inside Planks protruck, It is a must see, This is what we need. A video full of clips like that.....

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Hey John, We have been making a video about trucks like the Crusty ones and have been experimenting with in car views. So far some pretty cool stuff. we are getting one of the mini helmet cameras next week that you can mount anywhere. from in cab too various places to watch suspension cycling. If I get time I'll try and send some clips.

Going big and Filming it all..

John Bitting

Administrator
Steve send me some clips for sure and Klaus just bought one of those cameras and is looking to get some good footage. I am sure he will write in on this post now..

Gabe Lara

We have one of those cams for DH'ing....Good stuff @ 300 lines of resolution. Perfect for TV.
John, what kind did Klaus end up buying? Is it housed?

Junior

Our protruck has had several incar cameras throughout the last few races. The footage is incredible. Currently we have four incar cameras. One faces the rear of the truck mounted behind the co-drivers head, one faces forward from the middle rear cab window area, one in the middle of the cab in front of the rear view mirror facing fwd and one on the co-drivers side facing the driver and co-driver. Throughout the race the co-driver Thad Hutton switches manually the camera being used at any given time. The videos (after editing and addition of music) are way cool. For example one video shows our truck coming up on the Class 8 truck of the Pechansky Bros (the race without indian land) finally clearing their dust, nerfing them then switching the cam to show the pass from the rear facing cam, showing us covering those poor souls with our dust. The camera's are also switched between front and rear during pit stops. These videos keep the pit/chase dudes pumped and let them in on the race action.

Junior
EJR Racing #244

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
John, that is a very good point and I have been thinking about that for a while. Junior why dont you put together a video? Rockbusters is probably the best video I have ever seen and that's kind of sad. I would get so pumped if I just had a video of Dan at the IP meetings, or of that step-up. mix that with quality pre-run or race footy of ditches, jumps, bumps and passes and good music and I think off-road racing might get a little more reputable, it has to be marketed to the public for the mass public to like it. Who knows we might start seeing some stuff on bluetorch or FSW. That would be crazy!

Greg

Derek, a few people are working on some stuff like that now. Jen gets calls all the time from people asking for footage we have of sick stuff. Just give it some time and it will happen, I cant wait!!

Greg

Junior

Derek, my team has video guys that make race videos then spread them around the team. I am a CPA not a hollywood producer. I can't even set the clock on my VCR much less make an edited video from out incar cam footage.

Junior
EJR Racing #244

Gabe Lara

Junior,
How does one like myself get ahold of some raw (uncut) footage to put together a "demo" reel for your team?

I'll do it for free, and if you guys like it, who knows....

kurt

Wondering about the different types of units available, PCI has the "black box" for $3995, are there others available with good quality and resolution? Also any suggestions on set-up, how many lenses, locations, views, etc.. Thanks - Kurt

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Junior, If your team has video guys, or something Gabe could do you could sell them at contigency (like Curtis maybe) make a grip of $-bling and maybe become that hollywood producer you always dreamed of and finance a trophy truck...