In Memory of Jason Hamada

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
On Saturday, July 6, 2002, the off-road racing community was dealt a blow, when our friend Jason Hamada died unexpectedly at the age of 31.

Since 1998, Jason had been a regular chase crew member for Terrible Herbst Motorsports, an affiliation he was very proud of. He also spent time driving, and co-driving, the 7 Unlimited Toyota of BK Fabworks.

Jason went out of his way to help anyone, anywhere in need. In his career as a Paramedic, he dedicated his life to helping others. In his spare time, Jason enjoyed fishing, photography and travel.

Jason Hamada was a very decent guy who will be truly missed. We all thank him for the time we shared and for his genuine friendship.

Our thoughts, prayers and love, go out to his family and many friends.

Godspeed Brother!

Terrible Herbst Motorsports
Tony Barraza Designworks

JasonHutter

Reaction
Our condolences go out to family and friends of Jason Hamada. Godspeed, and keep racing!

Fire Guys Racing

Dave_G

Reaction
Tony,
We just got off the phone with Mike Smith. Very sad day in the Herbst camp.

Best,
Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

DMSRACE

Reaction
They say that the good die young, and that is the case. Jason was a very good friend to myself as well as our team...His family is in our prayers and his memory in our hearts...If you didn't know Jason, you missed out, he was one of the best people you could have ever met. He will be missed dearly...

GOD SPEED BUDDY!!!

Kevin

Racer

Racing isn't everything, it's all there is

shrek

Reaction
On behalf of the MD Racing team and myself I would like to express our deepest condolences and sadness for the heartbreaking loss of Jason. Jason also helped our team many a time back when he was running with BK and the 7 truck.

I think is was perfect for Tony to include a picture of Jason pulling someone because I have heard many stories about Jason pulling stuck vehicles out with his truck. I have never experienced it myself, but from what I have been told, you haven’t quite been for a ride until you have had Jason pull you out from somewhere!! I recall something about a lot of slack and a lot of throttle!!

He will be greatly missed by all that knew him, but I am sure that he will continue looking out for us like he always has every time we go racing.

Matt Svatos
MD Racing

Racing is not everything.............it is the only thing!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I didnt know him but he sounds like a stand up character and this a tragedy to the sport.

GOD SPEED

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
For anyone interested-

Information on memorial services for our friend Jason Hamada is as follows:

Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 1:00 pm
Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuary
3888 S. Workman Mill Road
Whittier, California 90601
(562) 699-0921 

For directions, click here:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=whittier&state=CA&address=3888+South+Workman+Mill+Rd&zip=90601-1626&country=us&zoom=6>http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=whittier&state=CA&address=3888+South+Workman+Mill+Rd&zip=90601-1626&country=us&zoom=6</A>

RacnCPA

Reaction
My deepest condolences to Jason's family. I got to know Jason in the last few years and I liked him very much. Always pleasant and always happy. Godspeed.

Sc

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
I was asked by a friend to post the following message:

Our most heartfelt condolences go out to Jason's family.

From Chase 5 and Performance Metalworks - Yak, Big Mike, Ian, Big Daddy, and the rest of the crew at PMW.