In your face SNORE Buggy Dork king TJ Flores! Still love ya bud but SCOREBOARD

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Before you judge me an A Hole please read entire post........this is primarily all in good fun

For those of you that don't know my buddy TJ Flores, well as close to a buddy as I can call him since he races dune hoppers and lives in Nevada, he always cries about how the class one cars should start in front of the Troph....errrr....Unlimited Trucks at SNORE.

Well today at the SNORE 250 he got his wish....I was not there but I can see him clearly..... rubbing up the legs on Kenny and Don like a rabid dog trying to convince them to start the "Hay Hauler" Pick ups behind the "dominant buggies". I have heard it at the drivers meetings and I hear all the buzz so I know what's going on. I always tell him he is nuts, you don't have a chance and you don't want us behind you?!

Well today the "pick ups" started behind the one cars and even better yet....wait this is good.....an undercover Trophy Truck...sorry Unlimited Truck, went disguised as a class one car! YES it is true! I wish I could say I thought of it but Adam Householder is a TT Deity now! In my book anyway. Adam "undressed" his truck and ran undercover in the "BUGGY" class! Brilliant!

I'm sorry but I'm lovin' this!

So anyway...TJ was leading after one lap but Ron had to fight his way past 8 or 9 dune hoppers on lap one, but then....YES....then he passed TJ! Awesome Ron, beers on me if you drink them! So anyway it was a good battle but in the end the SCOREBOARD reads TRUCKS WIN AGAIN!

TJ not only lost the overall, unofficially, to Ron Whitton and his "less capable unlimited truck"! Yes a truck won the overall, no giant surprise BUT....the class one win, again unofficially, goes to Adam Householder in his "undressed truck"!

If I had TJ's number I would be texting away but this will have to do!

This is mostly in fun to heckle my Vegas nemesis but it is a serious safety issue I think starting the buggies in front of the trucks, if there was qualifying it would be okay as then there is an equal speed match.

Some of you will point out the last BITD race but when you qualify in a sand dune the dune hoppers will do well.

SCOREBOARD when there were trucks at a SNORE race
BAP - #16 wins overall
Mint - #31 wins overall
250 - #39 wins overall

See ya at the Battle at Primm where again the trucks will start in their proper position...IN FRONT

Major props to the DA family as Bean and Pop Tart won their classes today!

jsallenbach

Reaction
Funny your mentioning this, i was thinking yesterday why don't they start the buggies in front of the trucks, just to see what happens. Well now we Know, congrats to Ron Whitton on the win. How did Brian Freeman do in his new car, anyone know?

TLR fab

Reaction
Funny you should mention the brilliance of adam to race his tt in class one Cam (of which I agree by the way) because the inspiration for the most successsful off-road race car ever built, the herbst truggy, was Jim Smith running his trophy truck in class one at Parker. That particular year the trophy trucks ran seperatly in the morning and Jimmy just peeled the body off and put class one numbers on it to dominate. This truck was later bought by the Herbst family and essentially copied, sans the body, to become the landshark and the rest is class one history! Why don't more people build class one truggys again?????

jsallenbach

Reaction
Funny you should mention the brilliance of adam to race his tt in class one Cam (of which I agree by the way) because the inspiration for the most successsful off-road race car ever built, the herbst truggy, was Jim Smith running his trophy truck in class one at Parker. That particular year the trophy trucks ran seperatly in the morning and Jimmy just peeled the body off and put class one numbers on it to dominate. This truck was later bought by the Herbst family and essentially copied, sans the body, to become the landshark and the rest is class one history! Why don't more people build class one truggys again?????
Maybe it takes way to much time and energy to build one, and a lot of MONEY.

TARHEEL

Reaction
Anybody see any of PABs jacks out there?

For the record, after reading your post the other day, I went and watched all of our helicopter footage to see if we had any shots of the jacks getting thrown free, but alas, the first lap the jack was attached, the second we saw the tire change but no aftermath, last lap by the time the bird got there, it was already gone.

BCNU

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Adam won cl.1? That is awesome congrats to the entire team!!!

TLR fab

Reaction
Maybe it takes way to much time and energy to build one, and a lot of MONEY.
Actually, no matter what kind of class one car you build your going to spend alot of time and money if you want to be competitive. Your in the wrong class to save money anyway, so can you put a price on domination?!?:rolleyes:

jsallenbach

Reaction
Actually, no matter what kind of class one car you build your going to spend alot of time and money if you want to be competitive. Your in the wrong class to save money anyway, so can you put a price on domination?!?:rolleyes:
No you can't whoever has more money to get the best will dominate and if they know how to drive it right.

Erik Irvine

Reaction
Haha good post PAB. Good ole bench racing and talking smack, what RDC forums should be used for!

Reaction
I hear some of the 5-1600 are wishing Class 7 had not started behind them. Sometimes I wonder what these promoters are thinking - it isn't safety! Good post PAB. TTs belong up front.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
tj talks shat then gets beat by ron witton........thats pretty funny right there....................

ScottyA

Reaction
Wasn't Ridgecrest a SNORE race!

Danzio 1st OA Buggy even though it sounds like a truck!!!

getpipe.com

Reaction
I think a lot of class 7 trucks were passing buggies? we broke on lap 2 but cut thru alot of traffic on lap 1...I felt the starting order was strange??

trent06

Mush
Reaction
I think part of the problem with people building Truggies or a Trophy Truck without a body is at least in the bigger organizations that get 20 TT's and another 20 Class ones is this, with that many vehicles sure a TT without a body or Truggy could beat the class one field on most days, but starting that far back it would have no shot at the overall. If your building a TT or Truggy you might as well run it in TT to have the chance to compete for the overall, also I think no matter how different a TT is compared to a normal truck, sponsors can recognize them alot easier and understand them being a Truck then some race buggy. Just my thoughts....

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Why don't more people build class one truggys again?????
There are four in various stages of construction now at Sean Dunn's shop.

Any of them can have a TT Body.

Last edited:

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
I call BS on start position. Once you re 10 TTs back it doesn't matter and with 25 or more TTs it's just as bad as being the 10th buggy. The dust isn't the issue, the bummer for a class one is they are dreaming if they think they can muster enough in most cases to nerf a TT and get them to move.

What about Rick Johnson winning V2R last year? He started like 20 back or more.

Dune hoppers are awesome and they have great drivers but their lighter cars should not be started in front of the TTs unless there is qualifying so cars/drivers are of same speed and skill.

For the record. We will NEVER race the truck without the body because of sponsors and marketing. The body is our identity.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
the deal with starting positions by class are from last years results that is why the 7 trucks started where they did the year before there were very few 7 trucks racing so that is the reason for the classes starting position