Info needed on ORAF

rocky4by

Hello, I'm new here, and I am looking to get into a class 10/12 car. One came up for sale that has an ORAF built chassis and suspension. I cant find much information out about there work, or if they are still in business. Any feedback about them or there work would be great. Also any info on the ford 2.0L engine that is used for the BITD series, good or bad points?
Thanks.

Hacha

Oraf still in business and well recommended,if the car has a oraf suspension or need suspension work well recommended!! I will get you contact # if you need it .

rocky4by

Thanks for the replies, glad to hear they are still around and do quality work. Hacha if its no trouble for there phone number that would be great.

bajafox

Accepted
Rulo is the man! Rode with him at a MORE night race a few years ago, I think we won by over a half hr in Iribes old 516

rocky4by

Great information guys, thanks very much. I'm headed out to look at the car on Tuesday, it looks to be setup really nice.

rocky4by

I just wanted to follow up with this thread, I did purchase this car. I'm going to be checking over all bolts and nuts, adding new seat belts and tires and rims, over all the car seems well built. I know there are tire and rim threads by the millions, but would you guys have a little input on what might work well on this car, I really like OMF bead lock rims, but they are pricy, would BTR bead lock rims hold up just fine? also do most guys stay with 15" wheels and is there any reason not to go to 16" or a 17" rims? for tires I was looking at the BFG Baja TA 33X10:50X15 maybe to heavy? or what about the BFG AT/KO will they hold up? Also General's Grabber also look pretty nice, I want to stay with a name brand tire. Thanks for any information, Steve.

Attachments

or what about the BFG AT/KO will they hold up?
KO2 is supposed to have stronger sidewalls than KO, which had far too weak sidewalls for racing, IMHO.

I think I'd let somebody else test the KO2, and run a proven tire myself.

Baja T/A very heavy, most in 10/12 shave about half the tread in an attempt to approach Yoko SD light weight.

Good luck with all!

Zac Reish

Ford engine is a good engine. Better than VW but the guys in class 12 are sticklers and they will make a stink if you want to run in class 12 outside of the BITD org. Id run it anyways. You probably are not going to win your first races so getting protested doesn't really matter till you start getting on the podium. Racing 12 is a fun class. Good luck.