Inland Empire Off-Road Supershow CANCELED

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Please pass this along to anyone you know who might have planned on going: The Inland Empire Off-Road Supershow has been canceled. The person putting it on did not meet his contractural obligations (12 fewer vendors than what was required in his contract) and so "they" pulled the plug. "They" being Clear Channel, who rumor has it wants a piece of the offroad action (they've already stolen Supercross...who will be next?). I shudder to think of what will become of offroad if they get their hands on any of our beloved sanctioning bodies or teams.

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
No!! Damnit! I wanted to check this thing out... grrr..

any other things going on like this soon?

Timmah

Reaction
Wow, thanks for the heads up Jen.
Darn, looks like I will be mowing the lawns on Saturday after all!

What a shame. Maybe next time?

GO BIG AND DON'T LOOK DOWN!!!!!!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Cool now you cna Greg can come out to Ocotillo this weekend! :)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

elcaprerunner

Reaction
It sounds to me the reason to be concerned is if they can find some way to take advantage of us dezert people then they will use it, they will take control over our sport and use us to make money for them and the're corperations. They don't care about us, all they care about is money, and when off-road becomes unprofitable to them they will dump it and the sport could wind up broke (a long shot but still possible). I am glad now that the show has been canceled, I will pay any price to keep these A-holes out of our sport. They are all about power and greed, and that is not what off-road is about, you do it for the love of the sport, not for money.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
jen,

i dunno alot about the specific of clear channel entertainment but i have been going to supercross for a little while now usually at least two or three a year and i think supercross is pretty awsome now. I always hear about the diputes between clear channel and the teams/riders but that doenst really concern me cause im there just to watch the racing not to make money so aslong as they fdont try to charge us to go watch a race then im fine with the clear channel thing i think. might make it open to more sponcers though so it might begood and it might be bad just goota wait and see whats gonna happen. they racers might alos welcome it alos cause its gotta mean bigger purses i think.

Gregg

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
ElcaPrerunner pretty much said it. I don't want to open a can of worms here, but yes, having a HUGE company become interested in offroad would be good in a lot of ways (more exposure, way more money, and the ability to really do it up good), but obviously they don't care about the "little guys" and, correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't offroad racing pretty much comprised of the "little guys"? With Supercross they came in as a partner and after seeing they could do it themselves they effectively gave the people who had worked so hard to make it succeed the finger and said "Just try and compete with the big bucks." Well who can? They seem to have a history of using their deep pockets to just take over what other people have created and I'd hate to see offroad controlled by anyone motivated solely by greed.

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

drtdevil93

Reaction
which is exactly why its exciting to see you and greg doing what you are doing. its some "little guys" doing something big. you are not some profiteering corporation looking for its next prey. so when it gets big, you still do things in the sports best interests. yet with out being "big", you have still been able to draw a crowd and bring in some big names to your events. keep up the good work!

erik