• Forum membership has its advantages....

Inner Tubes

elmariachi

What is everyone using for inner tubes and were do you get them? I bought some inner tubes from Autozone and the tire place didn't want to mount the tires with the inner tubes because the stem was in the "wrong" location. The stem was along the inner diameter and they said it should line-up with the hole in the rim. They did mount the tires, but without the tubes. The autozone tubes claimed they were light truck inner tubes.

Are tubes pretty universal and this tire shop full-of-it, or do they have a point? I "hear" inner tubes offer some protection from punctures and broken beads when the tires are run at low PSI - any truth?

T_Petersen

Contact Parkhouse Tires. They should be able to recommend the proper tube. I believe we have been using a tractor tire tube. I'll have more info tomorrow.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

3 Amigos Racing

I would run the Micky Thompson tubes from Kartek... But they cost $80 each.. Easy to re use and they last..they also in my opinion act a little like secondary suspension.. They are stiff but flex not flat off jumps and seemed to keep the car straighter in general..

mrmatt

We use a tractor tube. When I get a chance I will go look at part number. but they are carried at mckenzies and kartek for about $35. I ha found em on line cheaper but I never order em...just easy to pick up at mckenzies. I use the steel valve stems. I have found it difficult to get tire shops to mount because they are afraid of them. I used to use the same place all.the time.but they guy who did em moved out of state. I had to go to a bunch of places till I found a spot to do em...and they told.me they were wrong also. I had to argue with the guy about it and explain that I have 10 other tires mounted this exact way. Finally I just said if they go flat I wouldn't hold them responsible

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mrmatt

X2 on Parkhouse...they kniw the deal

mrmatt

I am actually keeping an eye out for a tire machine so I can just do them myself