Inside New #23 (2016 Parker 425)

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
I know Parker is old news but here are some uncut GoPro footage from our race. I'm not sure why the GoPro "waves" at 105+ mph and the GPS units are off in Speed, but Enjoy the Ride! Thanks!

Last edited:

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Dan, do your switch/breaker LED indicators flicker/flash in real life or is that just a result of frame rate or something with the GoPro? Seems like that might be a little distracting out of the corner of your eye...

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Dan, do your switch/breaker LED indicators flicker/flash in real life or is that just a result of frame rate or something with the GoPro? Seems like that might be a little distracting out of the corner of your eye...
It doesn't do that in real life, I don't know why here. Probably because of the reasons you said.

Last edited:

Forty1Racing

Reaction
The waves are a nice effect. haha

Slippery P

Reaction

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
How did you have such a dust free race?
Everyone who qualified in front of us were moving good so we had a dust free first lap. Only Luke, RG, and Apdaly were stopped with issues when we went by.

*Side Note: If anyone knows why the GoPro is wavy at high speed and has a solution to stop it from doing that, please let me know so I can correct it for the Mint 400. Muchas Gracias.*

AZracefan

Reaction
I was wondering where the rest of the field was, lol. Everyone in the top 10 seemed evenly spaced out on lap 1.

Reaction
I was looking for some passing action - either you or them... and it was like you were racing all alone. Sometimes you get that lucky break and other time it seems like you are stuck in the dust for the whole race.

Thanks for posting the videos.

Everyone who qualified in front of us were moving good so we had a dust free first lap. Only Luke, RG, and Apdaly were stopped with issues when we went by.

06Chevy4x4LT

Reaction
I have zero experience with either, but I have read some good reviews about a couple different software solutions for improving GoPro footage stabilization, lens distortion, etc.. The cheaper one is called ProDrenalin, and the pricier version is Mercalli. They might be worth a look - proDAD - ultimate digital video effects

Also, I haven't had a chance to check out the clips yet, but thanks for posting them! Always love seeing a McMillin in action! Good luck at the Mint!

Jerry

Reaction

*Side Note: If anyone knows why the GoPro is wavy at high speed and has a solution to stop it from doing that, please let me know so I can correct it for the Mint 400. Muchas Gracias.*
I have been working on a mount that will mitigate this. My SBF vibrates at certain RPM's and does the same thing you see. Rubber mounts I believe will be the cheapest solution.

Astro

Reaction
If you put a bunch of ND on the front of the camera you can get rid of the jello effect. I run an ND 1.2 filter.

JasonHutter

Reaction
Thanks for the ride!!! Pretty sweet hotrod you have there! It's crazy how different your two gps speeds are... They are almost 10mph different most of the time and when the driver's side is at 100mph+ you are almost 15mph different! Which one do you trust down in Baja on the 60mph sections? Or, do you just have the switch for the rev limiter in a gear to keep you below 60mph?

Jason