• Forum membership has its advantages....

Inside TT#23 - 2016 Baja 500

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
I miss looking at the GPS like Parker, but great video Dan.
Thank you, and I agree. I thought the mount was in the same location but it must of been moved during the prep. It's hard to see unless you go full screen but the second number from the bottom on the right side of the CDL (Motec screen) is our speed in MPH, if that is what you were looking for!
Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 10.00.07 AM.png

TRAVISD

The quality of the video is spectacular. Now you just need a tear off system to keep the lens clean and tie it into the intercom.

retroblazer

I just watched the last clip, but I didn't get the sense it there was anything was fake looking. Gimble mounted to me means a gyro stabilized camera. The view from inside the truck looks pretty calm versus what's really going on. It is helpful to have your helmet in the view, because it connects the viewer with how rough it is. Not to make more work for you, but I'd love to hear some of the dialog between you and your co-driver on a section or two.

y2kbaja

Great show. Thanks for posting.

Is the point of the bottleneck at RM23 somewhere in these videos? I'd like to see what it looked like.
I would like to know where the bottle neck location was in the video too.

chupakabras

is the camera gimble mounted? great video quality. almost seems fake. thanks for sharing
That happens when you activate IMAGE STABILIZATION on youtube,. that works perfect for helmet cams or not to steady cams,. that's why it looks weird,. you don't need that feature when hard mounted,. Part 2 doesn't have digital image stabilization for sure.

J. Clark

That's the best video quality I've ever seen. What's that little clear plasitc screan in front of the driver?

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
That's the best video quality I've ever seen. What's that little clear plasitc screan in front of the driver?
Primarily it's to redirect the wind over my head and hands, and not cause my head to wobble around at high speeds. This was my first time with it and it worked great. Dondel had it on his truck when I tested it a while back and it made a big difference. It's not so much as a rock deflector (although it's nice to have it there just in case).

J. Clark

so it's like a little faring on a dakar bike - very cool - just enough to keep the wind buffet down. thanks for answering my question.