Installing C6 into a 94' Lightning.

Sites

Reaction
Installing C6 into a 94\' Lightning.

I am in the process of swapping out my E40D that came in my 94' Lightning, for a C6. In addition to the obvious changes, such as a new torque converter and shift linkage, what else would I need to change in order to get this done? As much information as possible we be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

94' Lightning Prerunner (in-progress)

RacerX

Reaction
Re: Installing C6 into a 94\' Lightning.

I swapped out my AOD out of my 89 F150 and put in a C6. I had to wire the neutral saftey switch together so it would start. Im not sure what end you have on the tailhousing of the E4OD for the driveshaft to bolt up to, you might have to change the ends.. You might have to change the length of your driveshaft depending on the difference in lengths of the two trans. Im not sure what else you might have to change with going from the electronic transmission to a C6.

Sites

Reaction

Anyone?

1992f150

Reaction

Im not sure if it can be done (within reason ofcourse) because the computer and transmission are linked together. If you stuck a C6 in there the computer is going to think your transmission is messed up or missing and it would probably do all sorts of things to the rest of your truck.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

Sites

Reaction

Ok, one last time to the top. Does any one have first hand experience with this, other than "I think this might happen" or "I heard that your tires will catch fire if you do this"?

I already have the C6 ordered and it should be here within the next 2 weeks, so I am looking for recommendations for wiring and or any necessary hard parts that may be needed -- other than torque converter, driveshaft, cross-member and the shift linkage.

Any one from Camburg or H&M on here that have done this?

Thanks,
Andy

RacerX

Reaction

Your best bet is to go to a Ford dealership and talk to the transmission tech. I have gone to the dealership by me and have picked there brain's for info many times. I especially asked about changing my AOD to an E4OD. They are your best be to find out about how the electrical and computer will be effected.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction

Just follow the thread...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.2bigbroncos.com/pipermail/2big-dixie/2002-September/000518.html>http://www.2bigbroncos.com/pipermail/2big-dixie/2002-September/000518.html</A>

Sites

Reaction

Thanks a lot Ramsey! That link answered my question.

motoxscott

Reaction

Hey Andy,

Have you made any progress getting the C6 in and the E4OD out? Did you end up running the 302 computer for a stick shift in the 351 or what?

Please let me know where you're at with this as I'm looking to do the same.

-Scott

Sites

Reaction

I haven't installed the C6 yet, but it should be here later next week. I hope to be installing it next weekend. Why would I need to use a 302 ECU?

motoxscott

Reaction

The 351 wasnt offered in a stick shift version. So running a 302 (5.0L) computer from a stick version wouldnt throw out any transmission codes. I made a new post about this because I talked to a Ford Racing Tech guy.