• Forum membership has its advantages....

Insurance on older 4x4 vehicle?

n2baja

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a company that offers full coverage (liability, collision, medical, theft) for a 1967 Ford Bronco.

So far I haven't had any luck. None of the companies I've contacted so far offers anything other than liability & medical for a vehicle that is older than 15 years.

But I thought if anyone would know, it would be someone from this group!

I'm not affiliated with any race; Its just a 6 day trip to south of San Felipe.

Thank you all for any advice or information.

Melanie

JDDurfey

I had my classic Cutlass insured by Hagerty Insurance They specialize in classics and basically I could insure it for whatever I told them it was worth. The more I said it was worth the higher the premium. State Farm was going to require an appraisal paid for by me to insure it for more than $5 grand. That was not enough insurance for my liking since I paid more than that for the car and it was worth about twice what I paid for it.

I just realized you are planning on a trip south of the border. I don't know much about insurance for down there. I never took my car down there.

So maybe you can ignore my post.

n2baja

I appreciate your reply JD; your intent was honorable, and that's what counts.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Must be someone writing "classic"insurance policies in Mexico.

n2baja

tapeworm

I was able to get full coverage on my truck last time I took it down to Mexico and it's over 15 years old, just barely though. It's a 97. I went with AAA. I don't know if you have tried them but they have always taken care of me. You could also try Farmers as well. I had a 92 F150 I was able to get coverage for through Farmers.

Team Todo En

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a company that offers full coverage (liability, collision, medical, theft) for a 1967 Ford Bronco.

So far I haven't had any luck. None of the companies I've contacted so far offers anything other than liability & medical for a vehicle that is older than 15 years.

But I thought if anyone would know, it would be someone from this group!

I'm not affiliated with any race; Its just a 6 day trip to south of San Felipe.

Thank you all for any advice or information.

Melanie
Hey Melanie! I have full coverage through AAA on my '67 Bronco. I insured it through them about 18 years ago, so the only thing I don't know is if they would insure it today with full coverage, but it would be worth looking in to..