Insurance Question

SN8KE

Just doing my research to jump into the racing scene. Do you guys carry insurance on your race vehicles? If so, what coverage, carrier. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

yamaducci

I don't have insurance for a race car but the Buggy in my Avitar there is insured with Motorsports Insurance - Philadelphia Insurance Companies
I think I called Grundy Classic car and this is who insured it. No body else would. They will write any policy value you want and just set a bill cost to it.
If you don't get any other specific replies call them.

Charlietuna

I don't know that I've ever heard of insurance for race vehicles. You can get it for "recreational vehicles", but the minute you are competing in an "organized" event, the policy becomes null and void. I know there are companies that will cover race cars during transit to and from an event, but again, once it's on the track, no coverage.

JulioBaeza28

In the case of BAJA Off Road vehicles - I think most of those questions can be answer by this guys INSTANT INS.
Instant Insurance has been the Off Road insurance company in Baja for many years, I'm sure the might have a solid answer.

ins.jpg

SN8KE

The coverage I'm asking about is not so much what happens to the race vehicle in the race (I can only imagine those premiums) but more theft & damage during transportation & sitting in the pits.

Charlietuna

The coverage I'm asking about is not so much what happens to the race vehicle in the race (I can only imagine those premiums) but more theft & damage during transportation & sitting in the pits.
Ahh, in that case, try Hagerty Insurance. They specialize in classic cars, but I know of several drag racers that have their race cars insured during transport and storage.