Insurance

Motorider

Reaction
Has anyone gotten supplemental insurance for their vehicle. I was talking with Geico the other day, and they said that they would only insure me for the blue book value of the truck. I know that the blue book is not the actual value of my truck, so how do you go about getting supplemental insurance.
Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I just told them to tack on 2 grand extra to the bluebook value for the equipment in my truck (tools, stereo, etc...) and they told me if anythign does happen to the truck...I would have to show proof if the extra 2 grand

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

hxckidd

Reaction
i talked to statefarm a couple months ago and they said they would cover everything in my truck. They asked for recipts but on stuff that i have done myself( bumpers, cage,etc.) they said they would take pictures of it and basically give me a value of the vehicle with everything on it, and that would be what my insurance covered. And anytime i added something new they would take another picture to keep in thier files.

evan_clanin

Reaction
ive have had good lucky with esurance.com ..... like stated aerlier just ell them u have rims and steroand things that make the vehicle above the blue book

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

SDranger

Reaction
My buddy who owns a small fab shop was doing some insurance work one time and when the AAA guy came out to look at one of the trucks, he saw a fully caged truck with glass bumpers etc.. and said if he found out that vehicle was insured from his company he would cancel it becuse it was too heavily modified.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

YZFster

Reaction
My truck was lost over Thanksgiving and I got $15000 in receipts and Mercury told me to go F***** myself...they can care less.....same response from his insured. They are legal crooks...5 years of hard work and money down the drain for having insurance....

Go Big or stay there.

JT_Leadfoot

Reaction
I just got hit by a uninsured mexican illegal head on the drivers side. It ripped spindle and wheel right off control arms and did front end and frame damage Sat. night. I'm in a insurance hell right now. I have full coverage, Ill keep you posted. I'm trying to get estemet, then get a check from my insurance to cover damage, then go from there.

Brian Mapes

Reaction
I feel both of you guys. I rear ended someone and then since we have 5 cars my insurance company said that we could only have 4 cars on the plan. But they told us after the accident even though all 5 cars had up to date insurance cars. Then to make it worse the guy I hit tried to sue me, after my insurace co had already given him a settlement. Then they raised my insurace 2500 dollars!!!!!! No one go with Kemper insurance.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

evan_clanin

Reaction
im tellin u guys esurance.com best insurance ive ever had

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
I've tried to keep from posting, but I HATE insurance. It is the biggest scam ever. Why do I continually pay to have insurance? The ytell me it is in case I have an accident, or whatever. They'll pay for it. BUT what they don't say is - they pay anything over my $1k deductible. Hell $1k has covered most of my accidents luckily. Plus they don't tell you that if they pay out voer $500 the nyour insurance goes up! WTF? So I continually pay so that when I get in an accident I can pay for most of it and then pay more? This is why I HATE insurance. And this doesn't evne go into stories like the ones posted above. I am deathly afraid to get my truck done and have to try and insure it. I don't even want to hear what they'll say when I try to insure an 89 ranger for about $25k! Heck they tried to total it before saying damage had reached $1800, and I fixed that for $300! DUMBASSES!

OK - I'm done ranting. Steve

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I think we all hate that we need to have insurance. The people who don't have insurance and the idiot drivers are the ones who drive up the rates. I have dealt with insurance companies on both ends. I had good luck with AAA when I totalled my truck in Barstow. They paid me good $ and I bought the truck back from them for $500. The tires and wheels alone were worth that much. Unfortunately, I have been involved in a major auto accident. A glass truck ran a red light and t-boned me (thank god I had the 5-pt harness). It was a clusterf**k trying to deal with getting medical bills paid. In the end, it all worked out.

I wouldn't call it a big scam - but maybe a little gouge (kinda like gas). Plus, you won't be bitching if you are ever found liable for a major accident and your insurance pays out instead of you.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Like CHris Rock says.."it should be called in case XXXXXXXXXX happens and if XXXXXXXXXXXX dont happen....I want my damn money back"!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by klaus on 03/12/03 01:57 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Seriously I cant stand insurance it sucks. The only good part is if you are found liable for a big accident. then the insurance company will pay for it which is good cuz you could lose everything, but other than that everything else about it sucks.

martininsocal

Reaction
Why does Insurance really suck? You are paying for something you hope you never use!

If your gonna go, go BIG

robert_encinas

Reaction
we ought to vote to make insurance companies give us good driver paybacks or rebates.3 years driving with no claims reported = 1 year free coverage.
its time to fight back they make us have to carry thier insurance policies lets make them pay us back.

Brian Mapes

Reaction
It sucks because they rob you. It is good for that one time when you get in an accident but they still rob you. you get a ticket and insurance goes up. you are already paying a grip. thats just my opinion.

slimjim

Reaction
i have progressive - they will insure your vehicle for whatever value you want. i have an 86 ranger worth a bit more than the blue book. i have FULL coverage with big payouts, and i have a couple of not-so-attractive points on my driving record. i pay about $100/mo to insure the ranger at the bluebook value. I tried setting up the policy the same exact way, except with all of my upgrades (fab, stereo, parts etc.) insured also - the price of the policy went up almost 300%. They wanted about $275/mo to insure the truck for the actual value. Too much $. I figured my biggest concern would be theft, so i just bought a club for the steering wheel.

something else to consider - if you have a race-car, or a heavily modified street truck, you might be able to park it on your property, and have it insured for theft by your home-owners insurance. possibly even renters insurance.

put on your seatbelt...

Brian Mapes

Reaction
The only problem is that driving it on the street. if you get pulled over which you are more likely to with a modified truck then you dont have insurance.

slimjim

Reaction
you could get the bare minimum coverage to satisfy the law. if your ride gets stolen - you might seek reimbursment through your homeowners policy. just a thought.

put on your seatbelt...