Intake Manifold help

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I have a 95 F-150 with a stock 302. I need a new lower manifold. I called Ford and they want $580 for the upper and lower. Edelbrock has a street legal performance one for about $500. I was wondering are there any other options that I can go with besides those 2 or a used one from a junk yard. Are the ones that they make for the Mustangs compatible with the truck injection. Any insight would help. Also would I have to run a performance injection system right off the bat. I dont have the money to do both, I just want to know for future reference. I just need to get it running cause getting rides everywhere is starting to suck. Thanks!!!

The Edelbrock one:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3864&prmenbr=361>http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3864&prmenbr=361</A>

Ryno

Reaction
Steve-

Call Summit...1800-230-3030. They will have many options for you, BBK, Granatelli, etc. I believe the lower manifold is the same for both motors. The mustangs just run a higher # injector and different ignition/ fuel curves. Other than them....JBA in San Diego...they are 5.0 gods.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

motoxscott

Reaction
Steve, the trucks upper intake have a twin barrel throttle body where the mustangs have a single. I'm planning on running Edelbrocks intake on a 5.8L. I've heard pretty good things about it.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
The edelbrock 5.8 manifold is great, just expensive. The only issues I had with it were the stock air temp sensor wont fit in the hole unlees you grind away on the manifold or the temp sensor. The 61MM throtle body needs some serious port matching to work right.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I say burn it and buy a chevy.... :)

everyone thinks they are superman when the camera is pointed at them...untill they land!!!

tkr

Reaction
I second that...

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

ntsqd

Reaction
Both of you are gonna luv the emblem I just put on the Sub's grill in place of the bowtie......
Well, maybe not.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages