Intercooler for your 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

PeterT

Hey guys,
I am the Compliance Center Manager at SEMA. I assist SEMA members with obtaining CARB Executive Order (E.O.) numbers for their products to make them legal for sale. This usually involves some emissions testing with the product installed on the vehicle. Right now I am working with a company to get a CARB E.O. for an intercooler for the 2008-10 Ford 6.4L Power Stroke diesel. The vehicle that I need for testing is an F-550 with that engine, preferably a 2010, but a 2008 or 2009 will work if that is what is available. I would need to borrow your vehicle for about 2 weeks, after which you would have a new intercooler installed, free to you. I figured maybe someone would have a chase vehicle that doesn't get driven all the time that might be a good fit. If you are interested in this, please PM me. Thanks!

PT

Chris Tobin

Hey guys,
I am the Compliance Center Manager at SEMA. I assist SEMA members with obtaining CARB Executive Order (E.O.) numbers for their products to make them legal for sale. This usually involves some emissions testing with the product installed on the vehicle. Right now I am working with a company to get a CARB E.O. for an intercooler for the 2008-10 Ford 6.4L Power Stroke diesel. The vehicle that I need for testing is an F-550 with that engine, preferably a 2010, but a 2008 or 2009 will work if that is what is available. I would need to borrow your vehicle for about 2 weeks, after which you would have a new intercooler installed, free to you. I figured maybe someone would have a chase vehicle that doesn't get driven all the time that might be a good fit. If you are interested in this, please PM me. Thanks!

PT
Is this Peter Treadite (sp) that used to work for Banks? If so when did you move over to SEMA? Hope things are going well for you!!!

Either way cool to hear that a new diesel performance product is going up for CARB approval, but I am not sure how many F-550 owners install performance parts on their rigs versus the F-250 and F-350 guys...

PeterT

Hey Chris,
Yep, that's me, Peter Treydte. Left Banks about 4 years ago to come over to SEMA. I oversee the emissions lab and do a lot of paperwork to help our members with their CARB applications. The process is difficult to deal with at times, and while we know that finding an F-250/350 would be MUCH easier, in this particular case, CARB has requested an F-550. So I have to beat the bushes for that first, and if we simply can't find one, then we will go back to CARB and request to use an F-250/350. The gist of it is, the product fits all the way up through F-550, so in order to get that coverage the applicant included those on the application, and that's what CARB ended up picking as the test vehicle.

Chris Tobin

Hey Chris,
Yep, that's me, Peter Treydte. Left Banks about 4 years ago to come over to SEMA. I oversee the emissions lab and do a lot of paperwork to help our members with their CARB applications. The process is difficult to deal with at times, and while we know that finding an F-250/350 would be MUCH easier, in this particular case, CARB has requested an F-550. So I have to beat the bushes for that first, and if we simply can't find one, then we will go back to CARB and request to use an F-250/350. The gist of it is, the product fits all the way up through F-550, so in order to get that coverage the applicant included those on the application, and that's what CARB ended up picking as the test vehicle.
It figures that CARB would request the most uncommon vehicle for the upgrade to use for verification... Glad you are there to help the SEMA member companies manage the CARB maze and get their products out in the market!!!
I'm still doing the diesel magazine thing as a somewhat regular contributor to Diesel World magazine and the Editor of Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine for the past couple years. Definitely keeps me busy!!! Sorry I butchered your last name... Is your cell number still the same? I have a (626) 347-XXXX number for you.

Take care,
CT

OFFRD-JNKIE

If I might suggest to move this thread over to the desert racing section you'll get more views and responses.

PeterT

It figures that CARB would request the most uncommon vehicle for the upgrade to use for verification... Glad you are there to help the SEMA member companies manage the CARB maze and get their products out in the market!!!
I'm still doing the diesel magazine thing as a somewhat regular contributor to Diesel World magazine and the Editor of Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine for the past couple years. Definitely keeps me busy!!! Sorry I butchered your last name... Is your cell number still the same? I have a (626) 347-XXXX number for you.

Take care,
CT
Yep, that's my number. Feel free to give me a call sometime. Next time you're out in SoCal I'll show you around the emissions lab.

PeterT

If I might suggest to move this thread over to the desert racing section you'll get more views and responses.
I thought about that, but I think this is quasi-commercial and I don't want to do the wrong thing. I PM'ed Klaus about it once before, but didn't hear back from him.

OFFRD-JNKIE

You know the saying easier to ask forgiveness than permission... LOL
I thought about that, but I think this is quasi-commercial and I don't want to do the wrong thing. I PM'ed Klaus about it once before, but didn't hear back from him.
Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk