Interesting Article

Paige

Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110001932>http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110001932</A>

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

martininsocal

Reaction
personal knowledge. I have done controoled burns, clean up burns, understory burns, fuel modification burns, etc...since 1984. I have worked for the "big green machine", the name attached to the forest service for more than just the color of their trucks. The reference to "huge tree plantations" is already a reality in some places in the U.S., they just don;t occur on federal land. Even the state of California has several "plantations" called demonstration forests to show that trees can be used as a renewable resource while maintaining forest health. Guess what? Even those forests have been sued to prevent logging in the name of the ESA. Tree farming is nothing new and is in fact used throughout the world in large scale(million acre "plantations" exist in New Zealand alone. The public recreates in them, animals live in them, and trees are cut down in them and new ones replace those harvested to continue the natural growth process that occurs nature. Trees do not live forever, yet that is what environmentalists would have you believe.
You hear environmentalists complaining about the thinning process, telling us it is not a natural way for the forest to increase its health, but they also file lawsuits for just about every control burn that is planned to stop the air polution and prevent the possible harm to animals. Forests that become so overgrown that animals cannot even move through the undergrowth are considered "natural", but in reality, fire and man would enter into this equation to remove this growth. Man has used fire as a tool to clear undergrowth and ground cover since before recorded time. Man is part of that natural process.
Don't blame the "no cut" policies that have become normal in the western forests, blame Smokey Bear! Thai is their rally cry. Man is the only scurge to the planet, if they could just get rid of him.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Rodney

Reaction
I think it is great the way Gov. Hull is coming out swinging. Since she cant be re elected, she is not guarding her words in any way. More and more groups are beginning to see through the green agenda.
Now is the time for the access groups to really put the pressure on. How about this thought Martin...
All the off-road, mountain bike, equestrian businesses get together and sue the CBD and Sierra club
for malicious intent in trying to put them out of business using false and fabricated science. The access groups have proven the CBD lied about the number of Milkvetch in the dunes...among many other things. It shouldn't be hard to prove economic impact as a result of these lawsuits. Have you noticed how fox news is starting to swing to our side? How refreshing.

Winning IS everything

Paige

Reaction
I've been trying to figure out how we can sue Tom Egan the BLM ecologist or biologist that gave the CBD information (at night on the weekends) from his office to help with the lawsuit (while he was still an employee). I've been told it wouldn't work - but I'd sure like to try!!

I had the disprivlege of having him stand next to me when I was discussing the Mojave River with talking with the biologist on the WEMO plan and didn't know it till an ally told me the enemy was listening in on my conversation.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

martininsocal

Reaction
Rodney- the WEMO Plan is a perfect example of GrassRoots groups coming to gether to support one another even if they don't share the same recreational oppurtunities. The Equestrian folks really put a damper on the steamrollering ECO Folks when they stood up and said "not to the OHV'ers your not!". They saw the writing on the wall and realized the other side was willing to take 1 bite at a time and sooner or later, they would be the next one. Multi-use is what it is called and people are finally seeing it for waht it is, responsible multi-use is no more damaging than hikers burning toilet paper in the wilderness. They can't argue with that.

If your gonna go, go BIG