• Forum membership has its advantages....

interesting business practice at HOWE performance.......

BANNED4LIFE

I have BOUGHT ALL my power steering stuff for 20 years from howe performance....ive built 10+ BRAND NEW trucks in the last 3 years using THIER products EXCLUSIVELY.....about a month ago I called to get a $1000 trophytruck ps pump and they didn't have any available and didn't know when they would be available.....I then had to call one of their competitors to get one AS I NEEDED IT TO RACE THE MINT 400.......I call today to order a $1400+ part and now im being charged RETAIL instead of my usual "distributer" pricing!!!!! .....and was told by the "boss" there, not jeff, that my "new" pricing is due to the fact that I bought a part from their competitor.......WTF?????...... with their latest nonstop component FAILURES on bryces truck and other top guys, do you think this is a great time to be SCREWING AROUND LOYAL CUSTOMERS??? what do you guys think???? BTW, YES , these are the FACTS.....

MADMILLER

Just like when we sent our perfect working parts to them for a basic rebuild and they send back two bags full of parts saying we need all new and they are bad..Funny thing is pss is going to rebuild those "bad parts"

Same thing happened to me on a ps pump. In a bag completely taken apart because it has 2 much wear. Who is pss? Another company?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

M.Harvey1600

Same thing happened to me on a ps pump. In a bag completely taken apart because it has 2 much wear. Who is pss? Another company?

Power Steering Solution
Charlie
661-904-3226

RYAN COHEE

Lee power steering has closed up shop from what I hearing

BigBlue&Goldie

Just like when we sent our perfect working parts to them for a basic rebuild and they send back two bags full of parts saying we need all new and they are bad..Funny thing is pss is going to rebuild those "bad parts"

My experience as well......bag of parts and an over the top rebuild bill.

Sheaco

bump the steering thread.....or is that................bumped?

green787

HOW many minutes till Howe chimes in, and we all get to die laughing??? @ Pete, because he obviously screwed up somehow.....???:D:D:D:D:p

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
I have BOUGHT ALL my power steering stuff for 20 years from howe performance....ive built 10+ BRAND NEW trucks in the last 3 years using THIER products EXCLUSIVELY.....about a month ago I called to get a $1000 trophytruck ps pump and they didn't have any available and didn't know when they would be available.....I then had to call one of their competitors to get one AS I NEEDED IT TO RACE THE MINT 400.......I call today to order a $1400+ part and now im being charged RETAIL instead of my usual "distributer" pricing!!!!! .....and was told by the "boss" there, not jeff, that my "new" pricing is due to the fact that I bought a part from their competitor.......WTF?????...... with their latest nonstop component FAILURES on bryces truck and other top guys, do you think this is a great time to be SCREWING AROUND LOYAL CUSTOMERS??? what do you guys think???? BTW, YES , these are the FACTS.....
upload_2016-4-12_16-15-4.png upload_2016-4-12_16-15-16.png

Last edited:

M.Harvey1600

BANNED4LIFE

EXACTLY!!!! AFTER sending in WORKING units; many times before and getting the stuff back in a bag (like SEVERAL others on here) I learned to keep good working stuff as spares instead of sending to Howe to get back a USELESS bag of parts......I then got help from Charlie to reassemble them myself .....if Howe doesn't need thousands and thousands a year in business from me then that is a choice THEY MADE.....seems STUPID to me but wtf do I know....

Rory

Crayola Killer
Sorry to hear about your issues with Howe. I have been dealing with Jeff since 2000 and every car I've run (TT Killer, 4 seater, 12 car, DirTrix and Challenger IV) have all run on Howe Performance steering components without issue. I'm pretty sure every company at some point has had issues with someone about something....some of it their fault, some of it customers fault. hope you get it figured out soon Pete, we'll see you at NORRA!