• Forum membership has its advantages....

Into Short Course Off Road Racing?

If an MTEG style short course off road race format were to come back into the stadiums would you com

• YES, I would be there!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO WAY, I'm not into it.

• No but I would watch it on TV

• Total voters

mgobaja

I think it really hurts the sport when we lose a venue for tallented drivers to showcase their skills in front of large crowds.It's also much easier to obtain sponsorship and guarantee that they will get some exposure. The sport needs to move in a direction similar to NASCAR. Not necessarily with all stadium racing but looking at what CORR has done it sure seems to get some attention. Possibly combining it with a desert series as well.

JenDiggityDirt

Does everyone know about the Xtreme International short course series? Everyone was begging for short course racing here in the west and now we have it. There was already a race in Estero Beach (Ensenada) and there'll be another one in October. There'll also be a race in Havasu and one in Laughlin. It's my understanding that CORR is watching this series closely (maybe even have a hand in it? not sure on that but I remember hearing something like that). There was a race in Havasu last year and the spectator turn-out was realllly low. I don't know why because the racing was reallllly good! And the Estero race was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. We're really excited about the series and it would be great to see everyone show a lot of support. If we want short course racing let's support the efforts that are being made right now!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Only problem with those races....... location. If it takes making a trip out of going, specially to Mexico, your not going to get the turnout of say a stadium race.

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

Greg

You must remember though that these races aren't just a one evening but 3 full days of racing (pratice/qualifying on fri, racing on sat and sun) so you may want to forgo a desert trip for a short course race and get more out of your weekend.

Greg

JenDiggityDirt

Shaun...
Look at CORR and the huge following it has back east. Do you think anyone lives in Crandon??? No, but they're willing to drive to see all that action. And as far as short course racing in Mexico, Havasu, and Laughlin...if you live in So Cal, these races are maybe a 3 hour drive. A lot closer than Tonopah or San Felipe, yeah? Here's the deal: what's the closest we've got to short course/stadium style racing here in the west? Xtreme International. Anyone else actively working to get here? Not that I know of. Why not do your best to show support by making it to these races and let them know you'd like to see some racing closer to So Cali too? I'm sure they'll do what they can to make it what we want. I can sit and go "Oooh I want short course racing right here in my backyard and I want it to be perfect and if it's not I'm just going to keep wishing for it." But that would get me squat. Greg tells me about Riverside and 300+ entries in a weekend. Sounds good to me!!! We have it dangling in front of us but Xtreme can't grow to that unless we give them support and CORR won't come here unless they see us enjoying what we DO have.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

scott

MIckey Thompson stadium style racing was pretty fun to watch, didn't matter where it was at....Anahiem Stadium, Rose Bowl, or Jack Murphy now the Q...... Miss it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy8

I can remember going to Riverside watching my dad race with over 100,000 people in attendance, and over 30 entries in class 8. Wouldnt that be awesome if it happened again. Jen, you are right, the Baja in Havasu was awesome. I cant wait until this year.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
71 yes and 1 no.......... what does that tell you? We all must miss MTEG!

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

StandOnTheGas

What is that series that is building spec trucks with mid engine V8's I think. Isn't on the opening page of RDC? That looks coool...

THROTTLE DOWN