• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ipad cases

punchdrunk monkey

I just purchased an Ipad mini 4 and am going to run LeadNav in my prerunner. What are the best cases to use, to keep dust out and still be able to connect power and music to intercom? I've read about the Otterbox Defender and the one with the fans (don't recall the name). I'm not too worried about it getting hot, it's just a play car. I'm not 100% sure where/how I am going to mount it. I'm guessing a Ram bar mount with the clamshell iPad holder.

Disclaimer: I tried to do a search for "ipad" but it came up with the "ipad" in everyones signature. I know this has been discussed before.

EMS702

Rescue 1
I just purchased an Ipad mini 4 and am going to run LeadNav in my prerunner. What are the best cases to use, to keep dust out and still be able to connect power and music to intercom? I've read about the Otterbox Defender and the one with the fans (don't recall the name). I'm not too worried about it getting hot, it's just a play car. I'm not 100% sure where/how I am going to mount it. I'm guessing a Ram bar mount with the clamshell iPad holder.

Disclaimer: I tried to do a search for "ipad" but it came up with the "ipad" in everyones signature. I know this has been discussed before.
@LeadNav may have a case for that. Everyone i know using their cases for ipad swear by them. Not sure which Ipad people are using.

Zambo

I have mine in a Lifeproof case. Works fine. No you can't submerge it with the power cable plugged in but I've been using it for years with no problem.

Here is a mounting cradle to use with the Lifeproof case.
Cradle

biggjim

I have mine in a Lifeproof case. Works fine. No you can't submerge it with the power cable plugged in but I've been using it for years with no problem.

Here is a mounting cradle to use with the Lifeproof case.
Cradle
This is what we use also, but for the Ipad air. For some reason Lifeproof stopped making the cradle for the Ipad air So we ended up building out own using the lifeproof case.

Zambo

Pretty sure Ram makes a decent generic tablet mount that works with most cases.

punchdrunk monkey

on a side note: I know there is an extra annual subscription to download maps. Do you have keep the annual subscription or can I get it, download my Baja maps and then not renew the next year?