IRC Charge

bugged

Reaction
Just a question. Has anyone been charged for the 500 after we got home? We just got charged $250.00 from IRC this morning? Watch your credit cards......

Reaction
Did you fail to return your iri-tracker?

Jeepspeedster

Reaction
They did charge me twice by mistake. Give them a call and they will reverse the 2nd charge.

Rock Donkey

Reaction
FWIW: I was accidentally overcharge $250 by IRC at Parker. I called them and e-mailed them about it. They didn't feel they made a mistake and told me to send them receipts and cc statements. I did this and never heard back. Had to finally dispute it with my cc company. :(

bugged

Reaction
We did pay cash at the race for the unit $250.00, then had to put our card down in case we did not turn it back in. They took the unit from the car at the finish line......I'm sure it was a mistake, I wanted the rest of you to know so you could check your cards.....I'll let you know when we fix it.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
You absolutely need to check and double check any charges and refunds with IRC.
After the '08 B.500 we had a huge mess that took about 4 months for them to figure out (3 vehicles). We kept getting the run-around from them. Action didn't start happening until we got SCORE involved.
They need to keep better accounting.

BITD_1021

Reaction
We did pay cash at the race for the unit $250.00, then had to put our card down in case we did not turn it back in. They took the unit from the car at the finish line......I'm sure it was a mistake, I wanted the rest of you to know so you could check your cards.....I'll let you know when we fix it.
Bugged,

DO NOT give IRC a credit card number period. Pay cash and tell them to pick up the unit at the finish line when you cross. You are NOT required to provide a credit card. Why are you providing a credit card? For a box of electronic you can buy a radio shack for $100? Time for IRC to start shooting straight. My vote is find another company to provide services.

bugged

Reaction
Wish I knew that when we picked it up :(. I was arguing with them that we would not take it, it was going on Erics Car and he races every race, they could get it at the finish line. It's seriously not something we would want anyway. They would not give it to us unless we put a credit card down to hold a deposit incase we vamboosed with the unit.....To me, if someone vamboosed with the unit, IRC tells Sal, and then they would never race SCORE again. Well, this is looking like it's going to be a pain. We'll see. You know in this economy, you squeeze every dollar to get down there, bring extra people to help pay, credit cards are pretty much full and then they say, put a credit card up or you don't get the unit......Thats after you pay them the 250.00 in cash. Did you seriously not put the deposit down? I need to get a hold of Brittany Burgos, she saw us pay for it......Thanks for the tips.

Lucho

Reaction
Bugged,

DO NOT give IRC a credit card number period. Pay cash and tell them to pick up the unit at the finish line when you cross. You are NOT required to provide a credit card. Why are you providing a credit card? For a box of electronic you can buy a radio shack for $100? Time for IRC to start shooting straight. My vote is find another company to provide services.
Sir, with all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about. Radio Shack for $100.00? That proves that you have no clue. For anyone of us to try to duplicate the innards of one black box would cost us $4K to $5K. For someone who really knows his/her stuff I'm sure would be much less. They pay around $2500+ for each box that comes from France. Are they working on something that would be a lot cheaper and more efficient? Probably.
Is there another company that can do as well or better? NO! Their partners in France do the Dakar race (have been for years) plus a number of big events around the world.
We always seem to cut our noses inspite our face (???). Let's work with what we have and make it better. They want to hear from all of us, so things can be improved.
For example, last year when some enterprising racers were complaining that the system was shutting down during the race, they installed the "back-up" system that will continue to operate even when the black box is unplugged. They were doing it in the SCORE races because at that time SCORE was not doing much about it. But BITD and others were relying on the box to tell them the story of each racer, so there weren't as many infractions. Now, it appears that the playing field will be even for everyone. I say Hurray!

Here's the other problem that I was made aware of last year. I was one of those who finished the race, we got tech'ed and then drove off to our hotel or pit and started celbrating never thinking that the unit was still on and IRC was still being charged for the Sat. minutes. I believe at the Baja 1000 to Cabo San Lucas, much to their dismay, when they got home, they found out that there were almost a hundred racers who had not turned in their boxes. But what made it worst was the fact that for the next five to ten days those boxes were still sending a Sat signal. I believe they got a bill for $35,000 in sat charges, which they absorbed! Now they have an arrangement with the Sat company that all units will go off the grid when SCORE calls the race. They've learned.

It should be the responsibility of the racer and/or the team to make sure the box is turned in immediately after the finish. If you don't do it, it may cost you an additional $250.00. We paid that after the San Felipe 250 because I failed to get it back to them. We've learned our lesson. This time Mikey got to the finish at the 500 and immediately turned the box in to them, even before they got there to help take it out.

And that's the way we are going to have to play this game.

Thought some of you should know.

bugged

Reaction
Thats all great info. I really dont plan on building one but I can tell you that IRC took the box out at Tech, so thats not the case. I can also tell you, we called and left 4 messages and only was able to talk to one live person today, who by the way, blew us off to another person who apparently couldnt help us. So.....tomorrow they will get it removed from our card due to a fraudulent charge. If IRC is on here and wants to talk to us I would love to talk to a live person, or just listen to one of the four messages we left, show some respect and return a phone call? IRC is wrong in this instance.....So if they did this to 100 racers and only half caught the charge????Hmmm

mongo

Reaction
Sir, with all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about. Radio Shack for $100.00? That proves that you have no clue. For anyone of us to try to duplicate the innards of one black box would cost us $4K to $5K. For someone who really knows his/her stuff I'm sure would be much less. They pay around $2500+ for each box that comes from France. Are they working on something that would be a lot cheaper and more efficient? Probably.
Is there another company that can do as well or better? NO! Their partners in France do the Dakar race (have been for years) plus a number of big events around the world.
We always seem to cut our noses inspite our face (???). Let's work with what we have and make it better. They want to hear from all of us, so things can be improved.
For example, last year when some enterprising racers were complaining that the system was shutting down during the race, they installed the "back-up" system that will continue to operate even when the black box is unplugged. They were doing it in the SCORE races because at that time SCORE was not doing much about it. But BITD and others were relying on the box to tell them the story of each racer, so there weren't as many infractions. Now, it appears that the playing field will be even for everyone. I say Hurray!

Here's the other problem that I was made aware of last year. I was one of those who finished the race, we got tech'ed and then drove off to our hotel or pit and started celbrating never thinking that the unit was still on and IRC was still being charged for the Sat. minutes. I believe at the Baja 1000 to Cabo San Lucas, much to their dismay, when they got home, they found out that there were almost a hundred racers who had not turned in their boxes. But what made it worst was the fact that for the next five to ten days those boxes were still sending a Sat signal. I believe they got a bill for $35,000 in sat charges, which they absorbed! Now they have an arrangement with the Sat company that all units will go off the grid when SCORE calls the race. They've learned.

It should be the responsibility of the racer and/or the team to make sure the box is turned in immediately after the finish. If you don't do it, it may cost you an additional $250.00. We paid that after the San Felipe 250 because I failed to get it back to them. We've learned our lesson. This time Mikey got to the finish at the 500 and immediately turned the box in to them, even before they got there to help take it out.

And that's the way we are going to have to play this game.

Thought some of you should know.
Well if these box's work so wonderful in france than maybe someone from france should run the show here! I ,as well as many others have had many problems and all that happens is you are told you did the install wrong or you are making it not work.How many people have been told this. I don't want to pay to make something to work, it should already work!I am not in the finiancial business to pay for someones r&d.One thing for sure is I see a lot of people leaving that trailer pi$$ ed off.
Maybe I am the only one with this problem. On a positive note I haven't had a cc issue at all.

DBMETALWORX

Reaction
Pay cash only....and make sure its back to them before the 14 days they say you're allowed after the race. Or you will be charged for it again.. Bad part is, the thing is a $275 charge for a service that is a great concept, but is either unreliable, or only as good as the people in the irc trailer..none the less it works sometimes. So in the end it's worth it only if you need it, and it actually does its job, and you're not double charged. I've been double charged, and it didn't even work at all. Wiring was fine too!! I think the spot tracker is way better.

bugged

Reaction
I received a PM from Phil ? at IRC. Phil I have sent you a PM back. Matt tried to contact you today 4 times. He was only able to talk to someone there once. They said you were out to lunch and Matt left a message for you. No one has contacted us about this, period. The car was 1101 Eric Solorzano/Robert Johnson we would very much like to talk to you about this. Thanks, check your PM's.

go woody

Reaction
I tried to pay cash at the 500 they said they didnt take cash so I had to use my card

Jangaard

Reaction
I have never had a problem with them. In fact they were very patient with me when I destroyed one in a crash, Only charged me a fraction of the cost of one. Info only.