IRC IS CRAP

biggjim

Reaction
I am sure I am beating a dead horse here....but our IRC that gets paid in full every race has worked 1 time this year. WTF? I dont know how these Pirates get away with it. Its almost like strong armed robbery. Does the rest the group have the same problems we do?

DC Racing

Reaction
The concept is good, but we have not had a good experience either. Twice we have not been given the unit with sat phone capability, and at V2R we had a sat phone unit but when we needed it, it didn't work properly. I would be fine with the cost if it was proven reliable system. Or given the option of tracking only for a lesser cost.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

dislocated1

Reaction
IRC is a joke.... plain and simple...

BITD desperately needs to do something different. I would rather pay the 275 and get kicked square in the nuts

JDDurfey

Reaction
In most business markets companies are forced to improve their product very quickly if there are problems once it comes to market. IRC has been out for nearly 10 years and they still haven't gotten it "fixed" I don't understand that.

I know I am not saying anything that hasn't been thought or said, but it is mind boggling to me that they are still in business. If my business didn't evolve and improve, I would be done in no time.

MARXICO

Reaction
REALIZE that every time you rent the IRC you are responsible for the Return and if not YOU HAVE TO PAY THE REPLACEMENT COST AROUND $3,000 ASKS about it next time you are extorted from them.

Beny Canelas Truck burnt to the ground the IRC failed and Beny had to pay for a new unit.

It goes to show this company has their interest at hand, Ask them about your liability you are renting from them and performance guarantee

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Beny Canelas Truck burnt to the ground the IRC failed and Beny had to pay for a new unit.
Curious about your comment here and how you feel the IRC unit failed? They not only arent fire proof but require vehicle power to operate? What on the IRC unit failed?

For 2 years at least I know IRC has been working on a new technology that promises significant improvements. While it hasn't shown up yet, i have not seen a better option proven yet in extreme motorsports that will do everything we would like.

Ideally in one box:

Satellite tracking
Course compliance for speed at gps increments review
2 way communications
pass alert
disabled / stopped vehicle alert
g threshold notifications
emergency notification alert - automatic and panic

cradle2grave racing

Reaction
Our team has been "product sponsored" for the last year by a company out of Canada called Text Anywhere which has now created the DBA "Baja Tracking". They literally didn't know a thing about desert racing a year and a half ago but are now really excited to be involved in our sport and improve tracking and communication for us racers. I'll admit they still have a few small bugs to work out but over all the system is awesome. Right now we are working with them to install accelerometers into all the race units as well as a type of panic button in case of a crash. If everyone was running one of these units they're saying it wouldn't be that hard or expensive to create a type of sentinel system like what they use in Dakar where you would know what vehicles were around you. Technology is getting much better and prices are and should be coming down. IRC is a joke. Right now it costs $349 to OWN one of these Baja Tracking units that tracks your race vehicle and sends iridium satellite text messages automatically to your crew with your race mile and speed. The service cost for the Baja 1000 was just $165 for the ten minute updates plus 100 text messages to use to text anyone anywhere! The service also gets turned on three weeks before the race so you can text out while pre-running. Just sayin'!

MARXICO

Reaction
I didn’t have time for them to call back and confirm the emergency as the truck was on fire,. The truck was lying on its side with fire coming from the driver’s window (the ground) the cab was fully engulfed. I was unable to stay inside waiting for them to confirm it was an emergency. I consider that a Failure. I wish it worked so this thread didn’t exist ,I didn’t start this thread but I have real time experience to share like the other dissatisfied customers .The Problem exist and you have only a 50-50 chance of success .If you don’t understand that you are buying into the mfgs blue sky at your expense .

When our incident occurred viewers on the internet following the IRC saw out vehicle on the internet going 85 mph in the same spot it never moved and speed never changed as the other cars location and speed changed .This proves it was transmitting but went unnoticed when the signal was set off it stayed in the same spot but still traveling 85 mph. Is this expected to be normal?

What people don’t realize is that only 1% of rented trackers are activated at a race ( real time testing ,not lab tested) so the odds are already in the mfgs favor with those kind of odds why are their dissatisfied customers ?

Last edited:

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
I didn’t have time for them to call back and confirm the emergency as the truck was on fire,. The truck was lying on its side with fire coming from the driver’s window (the ground) the cab was fully engulfed. I was unable to stay inside waiting for them to confirm it was an emergency. I consider that a Failure. I wish it worked so this thread didn’t exist ,I didn’t start this thread but I have real time experience to share like the other dissatisfied customers .The Problem exist and you have only a 50-50 chance of success .If you don’t understand that you are buying into the mfgs blue sky at your expense .

When our incident occurred viewers on the internet following the IRC saw out vehicle on the internet going 85 mph in the same spot it never moved and speed never changed as the other cars location and speed changed .This proves it was transmitting but went unnoticed when the signal was set off it stayed in the same spot but still traveling 85 mph. Is this expected to be normal?

What people don’t realize is that only 1% of rented trackers are activated at a race ( real time testing ,not lab tested) so the odds are already in the mfgs favor with those kind of odds why are their dissatisfied customers ?
Interesting observations - Thanks for the response.

mwr352

Reaction
I believe Score is using Volocore now and its seems to be working well for us. Being able to text them for an instant status is awesome. Between that and push to talk sat phones with our own team channel we get from the Satelite Phone Store everything went smooth at the B1k

Fast Eddy

Reaction
Volocore worked great for us at NORRA to. My chase guys we able to watch me on the net at most road crossing check points to see where I was. They'd get me on the radio when they seen I was close. No special mounts to buy. No wiring to put on the car. They took the units off at the end of the day and them plastc tied another one every morning at the start line. Much, much better experience then we every had with IRC

az_amsoil

Reaction
Its really simple, you run parity with your "tracking" signal...this is why IRC can't tell if a stopped vehicle ISN'T doing 85MPH. Also, encasing the hardware in a fire resistant housing isn't very difficult either...I'd think that would be the point of having a tracker, so in an emergency, the "black box" would survive.

Best decision SCORE made was dropping IRC. I've had a SPOT in my truck, chasing in Baja, and people in the USA could track me on/off the highways and knew where I was at all times. Granted, I wasn't racing, but the piece of mind is why I had it.

biggjim

Reaction
Curious about your comment here and how you feel the IRC unit failed? They not only arent fire proof but require vehicle power to operate? What on the IRC unit failed?

For 2 years at least I know IRC has been working on a new technology that promises significant improvements. While it hasn't shown up yet, i have not seen a better option proven yet in extreme motorsports that will do everything we would like.

Ideally in one box:

Satellite tracking
Course compliance for speed at gps increments review
2 way communications
pass alert
disabled / stopped vehicle alert
g threshold notifications
emergency notification alert - automatic and panic

Maybe they should focus on making it track first.....they sure as hell cant make all the other functions work if it doesn't first track. Our tracker has only worked once all season...Its almost laughable that we are being strong armed for this crap.....any other business would have to give you your money back when the goods didnt work

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Is Casey in contract with them so he makes you use it. I sure hope its not because they give $$ for each unit rented as promoter income. That would be like a politician , lobbyist or agent lol.

07FJRog

Reaction
The 862 trucks irc didnt work for most of the race either at B1K

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Why fix something that's broken if you still, by promoter mandate, receive the full rental for it??? What a great business plan!

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
Even if the trackers did work, IRC couldn't manage to bring enough of them to the MINT 400 this year.

I equate IRC to the millions of Americans collecting welfare while wearing Nike's and talking on an I-Phone, BITD is like our government, and the racers are like the tax payers who keep shelling out tons of money for a broken system. Stupid. Casey and IRC are laughing at our dumb asses.

Last edited:

MARXICO

Reaction
IRC is no different than OBAMA Care. You are forced to pay for it and don’t know if it works