IRS torsion setup on swinger?

ryno_racing

Reaction
Again i am getting started in this whole 9 car deal but i am noticing alot of you guys are running what looks like an IRS setup on the torsion assembly. My car has the caps over where the torsion bars meet the springplates. Can somebody please let me know what the difference is, and if there are advantages to it?..... might be a stupid question but if that setup performs better my car will definately be getting setup that way with your help!!:):confused::) Also if anybody has detailed pictures of this assembly i would love to take a look. As long as its not classified information:D

BUDMAN975

Reaction
I believe what you are pointing out is that the majority of the racers use the 24 11/16" long bar, some of the bars are shorter and do not protrude through the spring plate covers. The theory behind this is that the longer the bar can twist more and is not as rigid so it is less prone to breaking. It also helps to go out and buy the 300m bars, cost is right around $600

ryno_racing

Reaction
so it is just a theory? $600 bucks is not a lot of money but it is still a chunk of change. Is there a tendancy for the shorter smaller bars to break? How much of a difference in rigidness is there? Is the ride that much better?
I will post some pics of my on going build to show everybody what i have as soon as i take some pictures, considering that i just cut the floor out of the car to gain some height for my head to clear the cage.:(

Reaction
hey guys, its Rick, Ryans partner in this.
my question is, what spring plates do we use to make this happen. the normal IRS spring plates should be too short from torsion housing to the axle housing. if i am mistaken please let us know....thanks