is 6100 killing class 1?

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
I think the car count started to dwindle some before 6100 but its still probably a big part of it. The other part that didnt help is that people are making money again and stepping up to TT. There are a ton of TTs being built right now, and 6100s.

Trucks are the "fad" right now!

Bdub 1020

I think the car count started to dwindle some before 6100 but its still probably a big part of it. The other part that didnt help is that people are making money again and stepping up to TT. There are a ton of TTs being built right now, and 6100s.

Trucks are the "***" right now! j/k
1st is Buggy dorks are harder to drive and no sponsor interest . But I think what keeps class 1 fading is the cost of engines ,transaxles, electronics and huge shocks. I would bet its a 150k plus to run a class 1 ( not counting initial cost of equipt) competitively in a 5 race series but I could be wrong. 12 years ago class 10 was dead and we raced 4 or 5 cars a race.

nimrod

KOOK!
Not to mention 34-36" of rear travel vs 24". I think if Baja wasn't so tore up class 1 might be a little bit more attractive.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
1st is Buggy dorks are harder to drive and no sponsor interest . But I think what keeps class 1 fading is the cost of engines ,transaxles, electronics and huge shocks. I would bet its a 150k plus to run a class 1 ( not counting initial cost of equipt) competitively in a 5 race series but I could be wrong. 12 years ago class 10 was dead and we raced 4 or 5 cars a race.
Maybe if they called it Trophy Buggy it would appeal more to Sponsors LOL

I've always thought that class 1 was far more inexpensive to run than any truck.

Jimmy8

6100 is/has killed 7200.....
No, what killed 7200 was allowing guys to do away with factory frames and making the class mini trophy trucks.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
I have a great idea...

Why don't we have Pete and Travis race to see who is quicker? LOL

Jerry Zaiden

I think the spec type classes are attractive 6100, 10, side x side, etc. I also think the TT class has had good growth over the last few years. to see what has killed CL1 you need to look at where the 1 guys have gone that is what has killed CL1.

Racing entry numbers are up in BITD especially in 6100, 10 and SxS.

Numbers of entries in each class in BITD.
TT = 69
CL1 = 43
6100 = 50
1000 = 59
1900/UTV = 81