1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone here following the Rebelle Rally?

Discussion in 'Rally Raid' started by Dirty Harry, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Well-Known Member

The Rebelle Rally started today. This is a pretty cool all-woman navigation event started by Emily Miller, who competed in the Rallye Aiche des Gazelles in Morocco and wanted to start something similar here. This is the second year and they have 34 teams competing. The course looks like it is in the same general vicinity of Vegas to Reno. I looked at their tracking today and thought that it was pretty good! They just need to add a Weatherman feed...

Home2

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. Curtis Guise

Curtis Guise Administrator

Emily Miller does an excellent job running the King of the Hammers media. I can't wait to see how she does running her own event. I'll be out there filming today through Friday in the SoCal end of the Rally. There are a ton of good photos and video posted on their Facebook page. Rebelle Rally

3. y2kbaja

y2kbaja Well-Known Member

I've been following all week. I think it's an amazing rally to watch online. The distances they are covering in a day with no navigation besides compass and map. This would be a fun rally to do for men but we'd get all macho about it and run into each other.

Does anyone know, when there are separate check points like 5A, 5B, 5C if they have to go to only 1 or all 3?

4. y2kbaja

Wow! How did they get permission to use the Mojave National Preserve and the Mojave Road?

5. pdailey

pdailey Racer

This is on my wife’s bucket list. Hopefully next year.

(+2) 2 people like this.
  6. Dirty Harry

They don't have to do all three. The 4x4s are split up into two groups, and there is a third group for crossovers. They do this to keep the teams on their toes and not just let them follow each other.

Looking at the live tracking, Jimmy Lewis got sneaky sometimes when he made the course. There will be an A group checkpoint and a B group checkpoint close enough together to fool them into thinking that they are at the right place but not close enough that they actually get the points for hitting their checkpoint.

7. y2kbaja

They are all over the place today.

8. Dirty Harry

The rockcrawlers really placed well today in Johnson Valley!

9. Curtis Guise

10. Chris Tobin

Chris Tobin Well-Known Member

Very cool rally for the women! Good job with the vid Curtis!!!

11. Curtis Guise

Thanks but I didn't edit the video, it was Ryan and Morgan from Vigil Films. I was part of the film crew for the rally though. It was awesome and definitely a different style event from what I'm used to.

(+2) 2 people like this.
  12. Curtis Guise

Sorry for the late reply. I joined the event late during the SoCal part of it. For checkpoints there are green, blue and black. All teams have to find the green ones and the blue and black are optional (you get points for each one you find). Green is a flag and blue either has a flag or just a blue pole that's about 2-3' tall. Black has no marker at all. They are numbered and intended for them to find them in order. The A, B, C is for different groups. I think C was just a few competitors in stock vehicles like a Subaru and a stock 4runner. A & B groups were more modified vehicles.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted