• Forum membership has its advantages....

Is Class 3000 Dead ?

rusco

Curious how many 103" WB/ A Arm old school 3000 BUGGY's are out there.

SMS81

Does anyone know if snore and score are going to change their rules to match BITD?

Shoyrtt

Does anyone know if snore and score are going to change their rules to match BITD?
I believe there is a movement to change all of the rules to better accommodate the buggies and live axle trucks. The new BITD rules were not written with any input from any active Class 3000 owners or racers. The last time the class made the rules back in 2009 we had a meeting. It is difficult if not impossible to do that now, so we are hoping to gather a list of all of the class entries for the past three years from the race organizations to discuss the rules online/email/facetime whatever works with everyone's schedules. If you are a 3000 owner or racer, please send me a PM and I will pass it on to include you in on the meeting. Once there is a consensus on the rules, I think that SCORE, BITD, SNORE and MORE will follow the amendments.

Kiwiflyer

Well it must be Dead .... I am the only one entered in the Silver State 300 , can’t even race in class 7 as there are done of them either , I guess limited trucks are no longer ........

michael.gonzalez

Class 3000 will be back next year. Lots of fusion trucks in the works and soon to hit the dirt!

Turbo 4cyl 90" track mini TT is going to dominate.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Well it must be Dead .... I am the only one entered in the Silver State 300 , can’t even race in class 7 as there are done of them either , I guess limited trucks are no longer ........
I think with the economy being in question might have a bit to do with it. I know there will be some class 7s at V2R.

Shoyrtt

The key to maybe getting car/truck counts up in BITD races might be that the existing Class 3000 vehicles will be grandfathered in. If the class decides to implement the new engine packages in all of the series, existing cars and trucks can swap to the new motor and be competitive without changing their wheelbase. From what I hear, we are close to a consensus for a new set of rules for SCORE, SNORE and MORE and a few tweaks to the BITD rules that will work for everyone.

Kiwiflyer

I will put up $1000 worth of Fab work, Automotive repair or race car prep AND a 30 pack of Tecate (Beer will br payable post race) for the Class 3000 winner of the Silver State 300 2020. Based in San Diego.

Kiwiflyer

Can not run the turbo in Class 3000 snore - I would have run with class 7 but there aint any of the either .....No class left for us.

Can not run the turbo in Class 3000 snore - I would have run with class 7 but there aint any of the either .....No class left for us.
Hi all
I guess its time for this post!
We are now producing precision parts to convert your class 6000 Trophylite truck to a class 3000 "Desert light" per the new BITD rules. We have designed, built and tested all of are parts on my personal truck with amazing results. We have most of them in stock now. Below is a partial list of parts we are producing currently.
1) 6061 motor plate, Turbo 350 to Ford Eco-Boost 2.3 to T/L chassis
2) Motor mount kit 2.3 to T/L chassis
3) Power steering mount 2.3 EB
4) Exhaust system from turbo 2.3 EB
5) Intercooler and mount
6) Aluminum intake tubing
7) 32 gallon fuel cell to fit stock location
8) Internal cell-two pump sump with trap doors and two Ford pumps
9) Billet aluminum upper a-arm 2 inches wider per side
10) 4130 plate, fully Tig welded lower a-arm 2 inches wider per side
11) Extended tie-rods
12) Complete Currie rear end package, full floater, 4 inches wider
13) Aluminum skin packages
14) Body hanger kit
15) Raptor style FRP body kit
16) 4340 machined steering rack to tie rod mount (one piece)
17) Upgraded bump stops
18) Billet tailshaft with roller bearings
19) 4130 upper rear links
20) 4130 Tig welded lower trailing arm
21) Sparco seat mounts (bolt in) and more to come!!
Feel free to contact me at (602) 418-6387
Regards
Precision Engineered Performance-MIKE

green787

Is this thread ready to see pics of my truck...??? I have fresh ones...!!!!