Is Class 3000 Dead ?

Shoyrtt

Reaction

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
Can not run the turbo in Class 3000 snore - I would have run with class 7 but there aint any of the either .....No class left for us.

Red Ford Racer

Reaction
Can not run the turbo in Class 3000 snore - I would have run with class 7 but there aint any of the either .....No class left for us.
Hi all
I guess its time for this post!
We are now producing precision parts to convert your class 6000 Trophylite truck to a class 3000 "Desert light" per the new BITD rules. We have designed, built and tested all of are parts on my personal truck with amazing results. We have most of them in stock now. Below is a partial list of parts we are producing currently.
1) 6061 motor plate, Turbo 350 to Ford Eco-Boost 2.3 to T/L chassis
2) Motor mount kit 2.3 to T/L chassis
3) Power steering mount 2.3 EB
4) Exhaust system from turbo 2.3 EB
5) Intercooler and mount
6) Aluminum intake tubing
7) 32 gallon fuel cell to fit stock location
8) Internal cell-two pump sump with trap doors and two Ford pumps
9) Billet aluminum upper a-arm 2 inches wider per side
10) 4130 plate, fully Tig welded lower a-arm 2 inches wider per side
11) Extended tie-rods
12) Complete Currie rear end package, full floater, 4 inches wider
13) Aluminum skin packages
14) Body hanger kit
15) Raptor style FRP body kit
16) 4340 machined steering rack to tie rod mount (one piece)
17) Upgraded bump stops
18) Billet tailshaft with roller bearings
19) 4130 upper rear links
20) 4130 Tig welded lower trailing arm
21) Sparco seat mounts (bolt in) and more to come!!
Feel free to contact me at (602) 418-6387
Regards
Precision Engineered Performance-MIKE

green787

Reaction
Is this thread ready to see pics of my truck...??? I have fresh ones...!!!!

Zac Reish

Reaction
I’ve always wanted to lump short wheelbase 4 cylinder cars together into 1 class. A arm buggies should smoke 5 cars. The trophy lites could do well in real rough courses. But 5 cars for whatever reason are always faster. It would be a big fun class. But it will never happen.

B. R C Arrow

Reaction
Damn, TL should have worn a mask ! Red Ford what are you doing about bump steer ? What is the HP for the 2.3 ?
330 HP in the 2.3 ecoboost.

There has always been talks of how to make the TLs faster then the utvs, first off thatll never happen on certain tracks, rougher track TL advantage, smoother track UTV advantage. I can however tell you that widening the trucks was not the direction to go to be faster and with the current 2.4l shortage coming the time to explore other engine options was a must. And with the new growing pains in the TL series it seems like it's the perfect time to get these tls fitted with more hp with a new and easily available engine program from Ford. I can't wait till our truck gets done!

Last edited:

swiftracing5

Reaction
I’ve always wanted to lump short wheelbase 4 cylinder cars together into 1 class. A arm buggies should smoke 5 cars The trophy lites could do well in real rough courses. But 5 cars for whatever reason are always faster. It would be a big fun class. But it will never happen.

TL has always seemed to be under powered and “under-teched” due to the mefi rule. Not enough power to get On top of bumps that 5 cars can. The geometry of the 5 cars just works. Nimble in smooth and short enough to pop the front end in the big bumps when set up correctly

*didnt mean toot horn*

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
TL was only underpowered because they were built too heavy.

Lighten them up and widen them and it should contend with the 5's IMO.

But now 5's and TL's can swap in a 2.3turbo and have fun with the 3000's

Red Ford Racer

Reaction
Hi all
Our new a-arms and tie rod to R&P plate have correct geometry and minimum bump steer. B. R C Arrow has a point, the first attempt to widen the trucks had the wrong geometry and to get the right camber you had WAY to much thread on the rod end exposed in the top a-arm and the lower did not locate the uni-ball properly or fully wrap it making it a week link. However 110 to 150 more horsepower, the turbo low end torque and a 4 inch wider truck is a good time! Ring gear numbers are much better with the Eco-boost, 5.38 instead of 6 plus makes for a much higher top speed.

43mod

Reaction
Great. No just make the cob 8 inches bigger in every direction and yiu will get me back ! My utv is roomy compared to a tl

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
7200 is a weird class IMO.

A bit stuck between a TL/3000 and a Spec TT.

7200 is similar to 3000 in that it doesn't care where your engine is or if you are IRS/live axle.