Is Class 3000 Dead ?

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
Have to agree with you 100%, the constant changes without speaking too the racers in the class, keeps killing classes and racers...bad idea to change the rules on a limited class therefore changing it to a money class. This would never happen if Casey Folks was alive.
No
There are no racers who are these people you speak of? Because nobody turns up to any series in class 3000 . No body an Bitch moan or even have an opinion when they dont show up for races

Frye Racing

Reaction
Again I have been fairly close to this class since the beginning and saw the promise and then the demise or maybe the death of the class when Class 5 and Class 10 approved Ecotecs in their classes. I doubt that your number of "30+" class legal vehicles is correct unless you are counting the Trophy Lites who have their own class and series. I will say, once the rule changes were final for 5 and 10, Class 3000 did not see any new vehicles at all being built for the class. Why would someone build a 3000 buggy if you could build a 5 or 10 and have more competition at virtually the same price point? I want to say the last two vehicles built were Earl Fraser's truggy and the last one of Pistol Pete's Bajalites 7 to 8 years ago. I will say, I had nothing to do with the new rules which I believe have only been adopted by BITD so far, but as I stated earlier, if this somehow brings new cars and trucks to race, I don't see the downside as there might be 5 or 6 active people racing a 103-111 car or truck right now at the most. I know a few of the active cars are looking forward to lengthening out their wheelbase for the new rules. View attachment 209356View attachment 209357
View attachment 209358

Frye Racing

Reaction
Bummer that the BITD rule changes outlawed all the existing 3000 cars...didn't make a lot of sense to alienate the few racers you had for the hope of new racers that so far there are none and the one in the works has stalled out as they cannot get it to work or something...

Frye Racing

Reaction
Is Class 3000 dead?
No, but it will be now. It would be better to open up the class to these turbo engines while leaving the other specs as-is.

BITD is creating an entirely new class and calling it 3000. Hopefully, SNORE and SCORE put more thought into this.

ReidView attachment 209362
You are 100%! not sure what BITD was thinking. They should have made up a new number instead of killing an entire class. Seems like none of the high priced race organizations se the bid picture. Limited guys can't afford unlimited changes. Like the MINT raising the limited class prices so high that they killed their limited class entires. As they used to have some 3000 racers until they raised the price.

Frye Racing

Reaction
No
There are no racers who are these people you speak of? Because nobody turns up to any series in class 3000 . No body an Bitch moan or even have an opinion when they dont show up for races
SNORE does a good job of reaching out to racers and meeting with them before they make a change, as not to kill a class. SNORE has had 3000 racers showing up constantly for the last few years, as well as the MINT did when it was under BITD (before the entry costs went too high). But with less and less showing up those racers have moved to other classes. Though on a positive note the rules haven't changed in the organizations that make sense for a limited class, meaning SNORE and MORE. So there is always a home for those older cars, maybe just not a lot of entrees. Do you have a 3000 car? It might be nice to try and revive that class for a RATR or BAP someday by offering up some prize money. What do you think?

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
SNORE does a good job of reaching out to racers and meeting with them before they make a change, as not to kill a class. SNORE has had 3000 racers showing up constantly for the last few years, as well as the MINT did when it was under BITD (before the entry costs went too high). But with less and less showing up those racers have moved to other classes. Though on a positive note the rules haven't changed in the organizations that make sense for a limited class, meaning SNORE and MORE. So there is always a home for those older cars, maybe just not a lot of entrees. Do you have a 3000 car? It might be nice to try and revise that class for a RATR or BAP someday by offering up some prize money. What do you think?
I already went down the offering prize money Route to no avail. So we just run in class7 in m.o.r.e the reason class 3000 is dead is because nobody wants to race not the rules

SMS81

Reaction
Like I said earlier we will be racing norra and caliente, are there events any 3000 guys are planning on running?