Is Clyde Stout the new "RG"

harleys dad

Reaction
Beings Clyde pushed RG out of the way and drove away from him, Is Clyde going to be the new RG if he can quit crashing LOL

michael_loomis

Reaction
If you saw RG at race mile 168, there is still no comparision to the way RG drives. Absolutely the fastest vehicle through there. The first 25 miles are very hard on equipment and I believe RG's Dakar experiance has taught an old dog new tricks. Save the equipment.

I think Andy McMillin is the closest thing to RG right now.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
I agree - From what I have seen, I think RG was saving the truck the first part of the race.

However, as long as we're making comparisons - Not only is he fast and runs the ragged edge ala-RG, but he also does a pretty good job of building trucks. The Gordons have always shown a good ability to build fast trucks and work to make them faster through good technology/innovation and these new Stout TTs are really really fast..... obviously Clyde is on to something.

13stout

Reaction
Thanks

Robby is a great driver and I have a lot of respect for him and his style.

And yes, I do enjoy driving the truck on the edge. Thats how I always drove in the other series' that I have raced in. When we started out with the idea to manufacture our own Trophy Trucks, my number one goal was to build a truck that could compete with Robby Gordons trucks and I think that we have achieved that!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Definately have achieved your number one goal! Now go get goal number 2! :)

BuzzChaser

Reaction
I absolutely will not take anything away from Clyde. When Robby came by me at the beginning of Azufre wash (right after check 3) I could not believe how fast he was going compared to EVERYONE else. Keep up the good driving Stout! You're due.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Thanks

And yes, I do enjoy driving the truck on the edge. Thats how I always drove in the other series' that I have raced in. When we started out with the idea to manufacture our own Trophy Trucks, my number one goal was to build a truck that could compete with Robby Gordons trucks and I think that we have achieved that!

Between the video of you and RGs battle last year at Parker and the video of the exchange between you two this year in SF, that is some very entertaining stuff and you have shown you can build and drive a truck to compete with RG - Congrats. You guys will definitely continue to be a TT team to be reckoned with.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Man I hope not.

I would hate to see my brother Clyde tear up as much equipment and get as many DNF's as RG has.

Even though Clyde seems to be completely convinced that he isn't going fast if he isn't flipping through the air and tearing the corners off the truck.

Samco Fab

Reaction
Man I hope not.

I would hate to see my brother Clyde tear up as much equipment and get as many DNF's as RG has.

Even though Clyde seems to be completely convinced that he isn't going fast if he isn't flipping through the air and tearing the corners off the truck.

Robby has very few DNF's in the races that he has run in the last 10 years. Robby's transmission builder says he is the easiest on transmissions of all his customers.

RG went over 10 years without rolling his Trophy Trucks, that is pretty good for any TT driver.

He gets very few flat tires, on whatever brand he runs, and he only carries one spare.

Most of his issues he has are odd little stuff like loose wheel stud in 03 B1K, pinion seal in 04 B1K, overheated shock in 05 B1K, missing light bar / trans cooler in 07 B1K

He has had one really bone head mistake, this year at the 1000 with the big boulder incident. That was a duh moment no doubt, but then he goes and gets a podium in the Dakar.

When was the last time he tore a a arm off, or wadded up an off road car? Not often for how long he has been doing it. I say RG is easy on equipment, he just has is own style of easy;)

The Stout TT looks good, fast and obviously tough if it can take a few "incidents" and still finish. Good luck!!

Last edited:

onebuilder

Reaction
Didnt Robby roll at Parker last year in the TT, got a DNF? Have trans issues in the Hummer the year before and get a DNF?

GO CLYDE!

brake4nobody

Reaction
I agree - From what I have seen, I think RG was saving the truck the first part of the race.

However, as long as we're making comparisons - Not only is he fast and runs the ragged edge ala-RG, but he also does a pretty good job of building trucks. The Gordons have always shown a good ability to build fast trucks and work to make them faster through good technology/innovation and these new Stout TTs are really really fast..... obviously Clyde is on to something.

exactly what he said, way to go jrod! lol.

Combo

Reaction
Didnt Robby roll at Parker last year in the TT, got a DNF? Have trans issues in the Hummer the year before and get a DNF?

GO CLYDE!

The roll last year was not the reason RG DNF'd. RG has run the Hummer once in competition in the USA. Parker 2006 and was the winner.

Watching that in-car is like watching old school in-car of some one else in your in-car!!!!:D

Clyde Awesome Job. Keep it up!! Yours is coming real soon!!!!!!

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
Reaction
Clyde rocks......................

his time will come................

Go 13...............

Baja Fool

Reaction
If you saw RG at race mile 168, there is still no comparision to the way RG drives. Absolutely the fastest vehicle through there. The first 25 miles are very hard on equipment and I believe RG's Dakar experiance has taught an old dog new tricks. Save the equipment.

I think Andy McMillin is the closest thing to RG right now.
I agree, I was there as well and was the first pit coming thru to the left hander. RG roared thru like a BOH! No one was close....it was a like explosion! He seemed to be on a mission.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Thanks

Definately achieved that Clyde. Go #E1..errrr....I mean #13. :D:D

NESStlequick

Reaction
Clyde is "balls out fast with alot of potential to be great ! .... , But it takes A WHOLE LOT to be todays icon of the sport .

onebuilder

Reaction
The roll last year was not the reason RG DNF'd. RG has run the Hummer once in competition in the USA. Parker 2006 and was the winner.

Watching that in-car is like watching old school in-car of some one else in your in-car!!!!:D

Clyde Awesome Job. Keep it up!! Yours is coming real soon!!!!!!

You are correct on the '06 overall in Parker. The 4 wheel drift in front of OB's Pub was awesome! Thats the reason for the chicane at the corner now. What did Robby drive in the '07 Parker race? He didnt make it to Bouse.
I agree Clydes day is coming, and soon!

Reaction
All you need, to be a "Rock Star", in Off-road Racing, is a Trophy Truck. I can think of 50 guys that could push RG down the road (when he is just taking it easy, saving his stuff for later) if they just had a Trophy Truck.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
All you need, to be a "Rock Star", in Off-road Racing, is a Trophy Truck. I can think of 50 guys that could push RG down the road (when he is just taking it easy, saving his stuff for later) if they just had a Trophy Truck.

maybe you should talk when YOU pass him........give ed some credit, he built his own race truck, drives it (that part is questionable) and passed the BIGGEST shiattalker in the business......by the way, in our class if your not running at race speed and you dont want to get rubbed you should move out of the way before the guy has to rub you............

13stout

Reaction
maybe you should talk when YOU pass him........give ed some credit, he built his own race truck, drives it (that part is questionable) and passed the BIGGEST shiattalker in the business......by the way, in our class if your not running at race speed and you dont want to get rubbed you should move out of the way before the guy has to rub you............

Thanks Pete much respect to you. You looked great out there its to bad about the 3rd member you were on a mission!!!!!!!