Is Clyde Stout the new "RG"

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
i agree clyde is his own drummer in his own band never a dull moment thats what makes him clyde

and i agree pete is not 1600 material we saw that at the pro 1600 race at primm (all in fun buddy)
pete i think you should be at the MINT you only got a rear end to prep you should still have all your fuel from the 250 show up and try to get a podium but come on go after it you have not raced in this area in how long beside you can do a little fender banging with PAB and beat up on his #1 plate :D

Lucas has dropped the hammer -

As long as you're calling people out Lucas, use your connections to get Ed out there next week - I'll volunteer the Orange Army - It's easy to volunteer since I am not in charge and I'll be in the Demp-Mobile all day, LOL!

13stout

Reaction
It still could, my car is ready, just need entry fee and gas and tracker and and andLOL It could happen if Pete wants to go, I could go for a possible 6th win on the North side.

The Raceco rocks i loved driving that car but then i bought BLACKIE Cam and i had alot of podiums in that car:D

harleys dad

Reaction
We gave Blackie its first podium, the 500, only it was yellow then, then me and you spanked Cam in Blackie in the Raceco at SF. If you had not crashed there we would have won LOL Maybe 1600cc is over the top for staying on your wheels Clyde LOL let along 442CI. Maybe a rino for rico, detuned of course to about 200cc then you can keep your foot in it all the time and never lift and never crash. Nevermind you will only be doing 20 MPH LOL

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Rob Mack doesnt have that problem

TRUE!!! rob mack just has a racing problem and an addiction to SPEED! hot nasty speed that u can only get a fix of behind the wheel of a race car!!!

AZracefan

Reaction
You are correct on the '06 overall in Parker. The 4 wheel drift in front of OB's Pub was awesome! Thats the reason for the chicane at the corner now. What did Robby drive in the '07 Parker race? He didnt make it to Bouse.
I agree Clydes day is coming, and soon!

06' was a great win for Robby in the Hummer, but John Herder did claim the Overall win that year followed by two other class 1's and yes the drift in front of OB'S was AMAZING!!!

07' Robby raced the Monster TT, but rolled early in the day.

AZracefan

Reaction
If you saw RG at race mile 168, there is still no comparision to the way RG drives. Absolutely the fastest vehicle through there. The first 25 miles are very hard on equipment and I believe RG's Dakar experiance has taught an old dog new tricks. Save the equipment.

I think Andy McMillin is the closest thing to RG right now.

My thought exactly! plus this year RG's trying to go for the championship. As always I think we'll see a quick Robby Gordon all season, but a bit more conservative style. We all know Robby can flat out haul **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**, but when done, he usually ends with a DNF.

As for the new RG, there's very FEW who could match up to him! Mac and Whelchel being my first selections, but these three have tons of experience behind them in desert and short course. Andy and Cylde are definitley two guys improving there skills, but I think there's also alot more talent other than in the Trophy Truck ranks. Many drivers in the smaller classes someday will put there talent behind a trophy truck when it's there turn to shine.

Sampeter

Reaction
As for the new RG, there's very FEW who could match up to him! Mac and Whelchel being my first selections, but these three have tons of experience behind them in desert and short course.

I think you can add BJ on there, he has proved it... :)

MX808

Reaction
i agree clyde is his own drummer in his own band never a dull moment thats what makes him clyde

and i agree pete is not 1600 material we saw that at the pro 1600 race at primm (all in fun buddy)
pete i think you should be at the MINT you only got a rear end to prep you should still have all your fuel from the 250 show up and try to get a podium but come on go after it you have not raced in this area in how long beside you can do a little fender banging with PAB and beat up on his #1 plate :D

I rode with pete at the shootout when he drove my car in the first heat he was driving at about 60% to make sure that i got to drive so i dont think the pro 1600 race would be a good judgment on his 1600 skills.

onebuilder

Reaction
Pete has no chance in 1600, takes years to get there and you can't just sort those cars out in a few months. Mac, Freedogger, Bean, Hawley, Greer, Cheater, Phankutch and others have been in the 1600 game for so long you just don't understand. It is a lifestyle, nothing less.

Cameron you could put your name on that list as well. The Pro 1600 race was alot of fun. Still got a win even though you hit that rock. :D What a team Mac, Poptart and PAB.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Cameron you could put your name on that list as well. The Pro 1600 race was alot of fun. Still got a win even though you hit that rock. :D What a team Mac, Poptart and PAB.

Thanks bud. Still waiting for another shot at your 12 cars! Your cars rock, let's do this!

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Well, it sounds like nobody needs a TT, a 1600, a 12 car... Everone on here has a pretty fast keyboard, HEHE.

Clyde, you have skills and your truck works great, like I said in the other thread. Since you build your own trucks you are on another level then the other guys. Mad props to you bud!

deano

McDeano
Reaction
rico is not the new "rg" , he's the new "rdc" ... homeboy is steeleing all the "pub" :eek: ;)

Yumaoffroad

Reaction
what every happened to Stout?

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
By the way, speaking of the thread.............. I predict a SCORE podium for Clyde Stout this year.
how did that work out for ya.........:)......I hope you put your crystal 'prediction" ball away after that gaff........

Frank13

Reaction
Miss helping out Clyde man. Always was a fun time, even when the truck was on it's lid. He had the coolest chase "ambulance" truck. #clydecomeback2017

burro8

Reaction

Lucas, I saw put them in 1968 racing Burro buggies, I have three and you have one. LOL

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Wow, weird to have this thread pop up after nearly 7 years ....
Clyde - (He goes by Ed now) .. Without getting into to much of his personal business, was forced to put his race program on hold (end now) .. To put his full attention on his business and family -- We had a ton of fun running the #13 up there with the big dawgs of the TT game .. Our crew was tight and solid and Clyde let us all be involved in all the Team decisions" ... All who know "know" --! Plus, he's not the first person or team, to suddenly leave the sport after real life knocks on the door: just to name of few --
Ashcrafts
Scaronis
Steinbergers
Pflueger
Hardesty
Burgess
Wylie
Coyne
Shepard
The list goes on ... Desert Racing misses all of these teams !!!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today