Is Dirt Sports out of business?

Brokenbronco

RDC Crypto
Greetings to all,

Please allow me to address this thread before the Internet rumor flame turns into a raging forest fire.

1) Dirt Sports is alive and getting ready to produce our 8th anniversary issue in September. At first, nobody gave us more than six months to survive. We are proud to be here all these issues later -- and still producing a magazine with unique content our reader still seem to want and enjoy.

2) We just sent the new August issue to the printer including a feature story on the HDRA Fireworks 500, an MIM piece on Raceco's new Class 10 car and a feature piece on the life of Chuck Strange

3) We are planning a huge commemorative October issue in celebration of the 45th Anniversary Tecate SCORE Baja 1000

4) While the print magazine biz is tough at times, the fact is that it's still alive and well -- especially more carefully crafted, niche products like Dirt Sports

5) There have been, at times, delivery issues we continue to address. Some has to do with the U.S.mail, some with our distribution houses and some with production. Jim Ryan and RCG is working on several new solutions to these issues. I can assure all of you that the future, in fact, is getting brighter.

6) If there are any problems I can help with, please feel free to email me directly at mfiolka@ryancomgrp.com.

Gracias and Vaya con Dios,
Marty

What a CROCK! You tell us how great you are doing, that all is well, you shift blame for delivery problems, and not one word of apology?!

I was a subscriber 4 years back. I had a 2 year subscription, and never recieved all of my magazines. I called, and was told that i would be sent the missing back issues, and never got them. In this day of internet availability, and how fast you can get info, you would think that you guys would be on top of your game to get out an antiquated form of news and info! It's hard to drag my computer into the bathroom, and i don't have a lap top, so i need a magazine to read while i do my business!

Sadly, until the day comes when i hear that dirtsports has resolved thier delivery problems, i will not get a subscription. Now, where's that readers digest?

arqangel67

RDC Crypto
While Dirt Sports is the best at covering our sport, I myself never renewed my subscription a couple years ago for this exact same reason. So now from time to time when I'm in the corona area I just go and try to pick one up at Kartek. Hell, even they don't get them anymore really, which is a bummer because I really like reading the magazine.

BMR29

RDC Crypto
I too finally broke down after getting them free at track for years subscribed took forever to get first magazine? emailed got same response as stated above,they were very quick to charge my credit card though! I too have not recieved a issue since may? My off road comes evey three weeks and cost 12 dollars for 2 years three times less than my dirt sports?

ONE_RJ

RDC Crypto
Website
www.compdoor.com
I am happy to pay for my Dirt Sports subscription and pick up a hot off the press copy at the races followed up by a copy in the mail. Dirt Sports is always current and interesting to read, besides the U.S postal service sucks anyway.

TJ_Gambino

RDC Crypto
I renewed for two years in June and nothing has been delivered yet. I really like the magazine, but it is tough to read when it never arrives. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

El Mamito USMC

RDC Crypto
i prefer to get it on the shop instead of the mail. more expensive but i only get the ones that i want

Dirt Sports is always current and interesting to read, besides the U.S postal service sucks anyway.

yes its is.. but the USPS is a very reliable service.. if you give them the item on time...

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
I have not renewed my subscription for the past couple years because of the same issues. I paid and then never got more than a couple issues. Its easier and FREE to just pick one up at the races and since I am at a race every month or 2 it seems to work out better that way.

Sidenote, does Dirtsports to a online magazine version? I have an off road mag subscription this way and its on time every month and easy to read and no paper to waste.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
I have not renewed my subscription for the past couple years because of the same issues. I paid and then never got more than a couple issues. Its easier and FREE to just pick one up at the races and since I am at a race every month or 2 it seems to work out better that way.

Sidenote, does Dirtsports to a online magazine version? I have an off road mag subscription this way and its on time every month and easy to read and no paper to waste.

Zinio app on my iPad is what I use.

racinteach

RDC Crypto
I figure my subscription money went to prinitng the free mags you get at the races. I have not seen one in sometime. Got them at my old address. put in the address change with them at the mag. Been over a year since I have seen a mag.

WideOpenMotorsports

RDC Crypto
They took my renewal money at the beginning of July and nothing has arrived yet. I will give it some time before I begin to really complain, however, I would hope to see an issue within the next month. I did sign up for 12 issues and expect to get them all. I will be counting.

BSchlimme

RDC Crypto
I am happy to pay for my Dirt Sports subscription and pick up a hot off the press copy at the races followed up by a copy in the mail. Dirt Sports is always current and interesting to read, besides the U.S postal service sucks anyway.

Trouble is their ability to provide digital content is no better. My digital sub stopped withe the Feb 12 issue about six short.

Ended up with 2 print subs and I am not going to risk dropping all by contacting them.

Great content but absolutely horrendous distribution.

Btw what issue was Ivan's truck in and when did everyone get that? I didn't see either of the 2 I should have received.

BenStock

RDC Crypto
Yes. Thats where I get my DS mag from.

x2

The app keeps the wife happy since my mags don't stack up throughout the house and all the old issues are kept in one spot.

Although my subscription only seems to update on there quarterly. Fine with me though, since most things in the magazine I'm interested in are not time sensitive. That's what RDC is for.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
WOW!! OK, here I am...I was about to finally get my own subscription and now this! I used to buy it at Butch's Speed Shop or Neveada Off-road Buggy in Vegas whenever I'd get parts. Over the last few months Butch's told me they stopped getting the magazines, which were given to them as some sort of comp deal by the magazine. Something about Dirt Sports not doing that anymore.

When my normal source of the Magazine dried up, I was going to get my own subscription...Now I'll wait...with no source of the awesome magazine. Maybe we are too small of a nitch sport to make such a magazine a success?!?!?

Marty just needs to get on here and lay it on the line in reference to how they are going to fix this rather than the party line. I want to hear from a few folks who are gettin their magazine to off-set this negative stuff, otherwise I'm not gonna subscribe. Listening!!

It is a shame as the magazine is one of the best laid-out ever. BTW, Off-road Magazine sucks, but they did deliver like clockwork...