- Oct 10, 2006
- RDC Crypto
- Guadalahabra Ca.
Greetings to all,
Please allow me to address this thread before the Internet rumor flame turns into a raging forest fire.
1) Dirt Sports is alive and getting ready to produce our 8th anniversary issue in September. At first, nobody gave us more than six months to survive. We are proud to be here all these issues later -- and still producing a magazine with unique content our reader still seem to want and enjoy.
2) We just sent the new August issue to the printer including a feature story on the HDRA Fireworks 500, an MIM piece on Raceco's new Class 10 car and a feature piece on the life of Chuck Strange
3) We are planning a huge commemorative October issue in celebration of the 45th Anniversary Tecate SCORE Baja 1000
4) While the print magazine biz is tough at times, the fact is that it's still alive and well -- especially more carefully crafted, niche products like Dirt Sports
5) There have been, at times, delivery issues we continue to address. Some has to do with the U.S.mail, some with our distribution houses and some with production. Jim Ryan and RCG is working on several new solutions to these issues. I can assure all of you that the future, in fact, is getting brighter.
6) If there are any problems I can help with, please feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gracias and Vaya con Dios,
What a CROCK! You tell us how great you are doing, that all is well, you shift blame for delivery problems, and not one word of apology?!
I was a subscriber 4 years back. I had a 2 year subscription, and never recieved all of my magazines. I called, and was told that i would be sent the missing back issues, and never got them. In this day of internet availability, and how fast you can get info, you would think that you guys would be on top of your game to get out an antiquated form of news and info! It's hard to drag my computer into the bathroom, and i don't have a lap top, so i need a magazine to read while i do my business!
Sadly, until the day comes when i hear that dirtsports has resolved thier delivery problems, i will not get a subscription. Now, where's that readers digest?