Is Feinstein next for California?

DailyPedal

Reaction
According to news reports, the strongest Democratic candidate vying to replace Davis will be the ultra liberal, Sierra Club backed land locker Feinstein...will we be screwed by the law of unintended circumstance? If you have never been very politically active before, now is the time to start!

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "will we be screwed by the law of unintended circumstance?"

Not if you and everyone else does what needs to be done. Feinstein can run but it doesn't mean she will get it. Could be the folks in California are not only tired of Davis but tired in general of liberal overspending democrats. Before Davis came along you might remember we had 16 years of conservative republican governors after the mess governor Jerry Moon Beam left us with. This may be a repeat of history.

Dave

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Again, another reason why I was against recalling Davis. ANYBODY can run and because of the parity clause ANYBODY can win without the majority of the vote. Again, you guys have to start thinking a little bit more into the future with regards to your actions. It was such a rush of judgement to get Davis out that you failed to take into account what might happen. Now we may be stuck with Feinstein. It may be going from bad to worse!!

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "Again, you guys have to start thinking a little bit more into the future with regards to your actions. "

So what you are saying is we should all lie down like whipped puppies and take the punishment that Davis has in store for us so we don't have to take the whipping Feinstein has in store for us? Boy, am I glad your not incharge of the war on AlQueda or we'd all be facing Meca four times a day and praying to Alah.

Geeze, get some vertebre will ya...

Dave

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Re: "Boy, am I glad your not incharge of the war on AlQueda or we'd all be facing Meca four times a day and praying to Alah." - Figures leave it to some war hungry ultra conservative republican to say something that un-intelligent. You know as well as I do that would never happen. You just try and use anti-arab propaganda (and if you truely are not intending that, they why are commenting on it when you know it won't ever be true?) in order to boost up support for Republicans and poke fun at Democrats.

The problem is people like you who are too close minded to vote for whats best for this Country. In the last two elections I have voted for both Demo's and Rep's based on how well I think they will do for this Country. Have you? It doesn't sound like it based on how much you lambash Demos. The point is that yes I think Davis stinks, but I don't think that this is an appropriate time to drag economically devasted California through something like this.

Re: "So what you are saying is we should all lie down like whipped puppies and take the punishment that Davis has in store for us so we don't have to take the whipping Feinstein has in store for us?" Thats not at all what I'm saying. All I'm saying is be sure and carefully think through voting on taking such a drastic action such as a recall and to be sure and look at all the possible outcomes because they may be worse than the current one. If you can't understand this nor practice it, then please don't continue voting.

Dave, I know you are a very intelligent man, its just that when you say crap like that it really pisses me off.

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: "its just that when you say crap like that it really pisses me off."

I'm sorry. Sometimes the truth is very painful....

Dave

homey

Reaction
My opinion only...I don't think Feinstein is a step in the right direction. I also think that a majority of the population of California voters will turn out to vote at the recall election. Like JrSyko say's, I 'm going to vote for the best candidate for the job but I think I would sway more towards the Republican direction. I just don't want to see all of our recreational land go away and I would like to see the job market pick up. I also think it's sad that our schools are suffering a lot through all of this crisis.

On a side note, this thread is beginning to sound like the O'Rielly Factor with all of this arguing! I never understood why people are so emotional about politics. I do my best by voting though. I'm not as well informed as the two of you seem to be, I just wanted to state my opinion

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
RE: "I'm sorry. Sometimes the truth is very painful...."

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

- Lenin

BradM

Reaction
jr, stay in school as long as you can. It will delay your need to assimilate with the rational people in this country who actually work for a living.

You are so caught up with trying to ride the fence and deny all partisanship that you don't seem to be able to make any decisions. All you seem to do in here is argue about differences of opinion. Maybe your sentiments would be better received if you could occasionally offer a well thought out suggestion, not just criticism. (It doesn't even have to be your own idea, if that makes it easier for you.)

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
travis,

i admire your ability to make everything turn in to a war of words. its very entertaining. but i dunno about anyone esle the day davis is out and HOPEFULLY another liberal isnt elected will be the best day in california in a long time.

Ahh, i can see it now no more assult weapon ban thats gonna be a sweet day when i go buy my first AK of hopefully many many ill be buying.

Gregg

frankh

Reaction
speaking of gun I thought this was enlighten

Subject: Statistics Compare Threat Exposure

a.The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.

b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.

c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health
& Human Services)

Then think about this:

a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000 (yes, eighty
million!).

b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups)
is 1,500.

c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.

Statistically, then, doctors are about 9,000 times more dangerous
than gun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS A DOCTOR.

Alert your friends to this threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out
of hand.

(As a public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers, for
fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention..)

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Re: "It doesn't even have to be your own idea, if that makes it easier for you."
-
I get it, you are trying to make fun of me! How clever

I use to try and present what I thought were valuable suggestions on government and such. However people didn't always agree with them so I stopped. Now I just try and show people the errors of their way, if any. I think too many make a rush to judgement without knowing any of the facts, relying solely on their emotions to lead them. That is not always the best way. I simply try and provide opposing views with the hope that it will get people to think. If that is to hard for you I'm sorry but since it is your generation who is screwing up this great country for my generation, I have a vested interest in this. If you can't hear an opposeing view and discuss it rationally without getting offended and upset, then you should move to a dictorship and become part of the ruling class.

Sorry to all those I offend.

GFC

Reaction
"since it is your generation who is screwing up this great country for my generation"

get out while you still can. i'll stay here and let you know how things turned out.

bajakirby23

Reaction
if feinstein gets elected i will move to az like havasu or yuma someplace close. i love this state but the gov and the people that run this state suck and if she came to power it is gone. like always i don't agree with anything jrsycko is posting but i need to now what you mean by this statment I'm sorry but since it is your generation who is screwing up this great country for my generation. also why is it that people in collage age 19-24 think they are better then everyone else. i have two friends just like jrsyko and they drive me up the wall, they had my views but now are vary liberal. collage blows yes you come out with a great education but wearing blinders.

BradM

Reaction
jr-

"I use to try and present what I thought were valuable suggestions on government and such. However people didn't always agree with them so I stopped." - If you are looking for people to agree with your ideas, you should probably consider another type of forum. I suspect that this one is, in general, made of predominantly of two kinds of people: There are many young folks who may not take the time to research every topic before forming an opinion and/or just don't care about what they might consider to just be "politics". I think there are also many working men and women who have spent most of their lives working hard to achieve their goals and dreams. We all have a common interest or we wouldn't be here. These folks may or may not take personal interest in their elected officials or feel that they can "afford" the time to petition their representatives for support of their ideas and beliefs. It is my sincerest hope than the majority of people in this sport are or will become informed and actively involved in the political process as that is a tremendous benefit of our system.

"I just try and show people the errors of their way" - Who are you to say that they/we are wrong and you are right? Don't let the liberal persuasion of your professors direct your ideas.

"since it is your generation who is screwing up this great country for my generation" - I must really come across as an old guy and sometimes I feel that way. I would be willing to be that I am not more than 6 or 7 years older than you are. But then again, "it ain't the years, boy.... it's the miles"

Finally, you neither offend me or upset me. I just don't think this is the place for a Hannity and colmes type debate and it seems like all you ever want to do is start a debate that will never end. Form your own ideas and opinions, that is great. Just don't feel some damn compelled to force them on the rest of us. We have our own.

Brad

Ryno

Reaction
"that's why he is pre-law!"

Another thing this state needs, another Lawyer who loves to point fingers.

Ryno

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
To those who care,

Listen guys, first of all I never try and force my opinions on anybody. People post comments on here and I respond to them and if I'm wrong I'm always the first to admit it. I never said I was better than anybody else or always right. When I stated "I just try and show people the errors of their way" you convientetely left out the part where I said "if any". Sometimes I see completely mistrue statements posted on here and simply try to correct them. Thats all. I thought that people post political information on here as a way to talk about it, but obviously its not for debate, but rather to just complain about. From now on I won't comment about politics as it is apparent that you don't want to ever hear what the other side is saying, be it you're scared or just ignorant.

One more thing, I think its funny that Professors spend their whole lives studying about politics, economics, society etc and base their political views on what they learn from history yet you all think they are the idiots.

Sorry for wasting your time.

"The village idiot"

P.S. For your information, I went to an ultra conservative, Catholic University that wasn't invested with those "stupid liberal professors".

durtygirl

Reaction
Ya'll got your panties in a bunch.. Look at what you guys are typing. No one ever agrees on the same thing and this turns into one big bashing contest about someones morals or personal opinions.... California's government will never be perfect and someone will never be happy, so whats the point of bickering about it?