Is it the clutch, transmission or torque converter?

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Okay, here is a question regarding my clutch/transmission/torque converter/whatever???. I have a 1998 Ford F-150, 4.6L Triton motor, standard 4spd auto transmission w/od and only 51K miles on it.

I was at Lake Perris Saturday roosting around in our new boat (3000lbs) and it came time for us leave. As I was pulling the boat out of the water on the semi-steep ramp, my truck sounded like it was experiencing some kind of "slipping". The rpm's would increase but my truck's speed was still very slow paced. I haven't had any problems in the past towing boats or other smaller trailers. What do you all think it might be?

P.S. I just had a company flush out the old transmission fluid and replace with new...don't know if this makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Brannon

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Wheel spin?

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I am familiar with that sound and didn't hear any. I even stopped midramp and began again to make sure.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
and the fluid level is up to par?
I know that when I pul my boat out of the water sometimes the wheel will spin and you cant hear it or feel it because there is so much moisture and algee build up.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

michael_loomis

Reaction
ya wheel spin on the ramp is pretty quiet .

typical Ford ( sigh ) bad transmission ? let her rip trav ! :)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by michael_loomis on 03/10/03 08:34 PM (server time).</FONT></P>