is january here yet? the rumors begin...

PBR

Reaction
just heard today from a very good source that reedy will be riding green next year with villapodium.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Next year should be a very interesting season with the economy and bike sales in the proverbial dirt. I cant wait till it starts!!!

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
just heard today from a very good source that reedy will be riding green next year with villapodium.
Yup I heard that too. I went riding yesterday and my buddy and I were talking about it. Factory Kawi has never been the team to have 2 big contenders on the team at the same time. They usually just have the one major rider. I'm guessing that if Reed goes there it's because Monster energy wants him there.

I also heard that if Honda doesn't get a major sponsor they wont have a factory team next year. It's going to be a very silly season indeed. This economy has screwed everything up.

Mike Alessi back to KTM and wont be riding until the outdoors. AND he'll be riding a 350 against the 450's.

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
We'll know if the rumor(s) are true next weekend at the Open in Las Vegas... :)

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Well Nico Izzi is now on the Star racing Yamaha.

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/nico-izzi-on-yz250f-video.aspx

Kinda funny how all these amateurs grow up and they're really friggin fast. Factories scout them and take them under their wing so to speak. Then once they turn pro and there is so much hype around them, they can't seem to get any results. Josh Hill, Izzi, Zack Osbourne..... what happens to them to cause such disappointing results? Injury is a part of it for some, but what about Josh Hill. He had one win is SX last year and that was by luck. He would be top 5 one race then 18 in the next.

PEST

Reaction
Well Nico Izzi is now on the Star racing Yamaha.

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/nico-izzi-on-yz250f-video.aspx

Kinda funny how all these amateurs grow up and they're really friggin fast. Factories scout them and take them under their wing so to speak. Then once they turn pro and there is so much hype around them, they can't seem to get any results. Josh Hill, Izzi, Zack Osbourne..... what happens to them to cause such disappointing results? Injury is a part of it for some, but what about Josh Hill. He had one win is SX last year and that was by luck. He would be top 5 one race then 18 in the next.
It's because they now race pro. When they race NMA sanctioned Nationals(Loretta Lynn's, Ponca City, World Mini and Oak Creek) the fast kids only have about 2-4 kids out of 42 in they're class that are competitive. When your an AMA Pro the top 10 are equally as fast, so you have to be on your A game and always healthy.

It's like comparing major(AMA) league baseball to minor(NMA) league baseball

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
It's because they now race pro. When they race NMA sanctioned Nationals(Loretta Lynn's, Ponca City, World Mini and Oak Creek) the fast kids only have about 2-4 kids out of 42 in they're class that are competitive. When your an AMA Pro the top 10 are equally as fast, so you have to be on your A game and always healthy.

It's like comparing major(AMA) league baseball to minor(NMA) league baseball
Yeah. I'm just saying it's kinda funny/sucks that the teams put in all the time and effort into these kids when they're young and then it doesn't work out and they don't get the results the factory wanted. Then there's the guys like Cody Cooper and Gavin Gracyk that are virtually unheard of as kids and then do awesome in the outdoors and then a team picks them up half way through a season.

PEST

Reaction
Yeah. I'm just saying it's kinda funny/sucks that the teams put in all the time and effort into these kids when they're young and then it doesn't work out and they don't get the results the factory wanted. Then there's the guys like Cody Cooper and Gavin Gracyk that are virtually unheard of as kids and then do awesome in the outdoors and then a team picks them up half way through a season.
I was just reading an article in The Pickle(A magazine that only covers Amateur Mx). The factories actually use the NMA races as a sort of farm system like MLB. The AMA will have a points system in effect by 2011 that will prohibit riders from directly entering AMA SX/MX races. Instead they have to garner points in a Pro/Am series or by winning NMA Championships before they are given an AMA Pro license.

ca51flatty

Reaction
The NMA is not the only sanctioning body for Amateur racing. Ponca, World Mini (Vegas) and Branson are all NMA events. Loretta's, Lake Whitney and Winter Olympics are all AMA and Oak Hill (GNC finals) is kind of independent.

The rider mentioned above and countless other fail at professional racing becasue they lack the work ethic and desire to get to the top level and stay there. Amateur racing is very hard and all of these kids do it for a large portion of their careers and when they finally go to the pro's they think they've made it and they just don't continue the effort.

It is not always about money because some of these amateurs make a great living but big money does play a part. I am a firm believer that riders should be paid based on performance and not guaranteed money upfront, that just makes some of these kids glassy eyed so they can't see the big picture.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Reed on a Kawasaki.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/One-Lap-Chad-Reed-on-a-Monster-Energy-Kawasaki,3226/One-Lap-Chad-Reed-on-a-Monster-Energy-Kawasaki,888/GuyB,64

There are still rumors that Suzuki is trying to counter Kawi's offer and try and get Chad his own team.

Josh Hansen will be riding a Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawi 450 at the US Open and he is supposed to ride the 2010 SX season on it.

Ivan Tedesco will not be racing the US Open because he has NO ride.

Tedesco who is 3-0 for his Moto de Nations appearances and has an outdoor win this year has no ride but Josh Hansen who has a win at X-Games, not even riding against the big names and it's the only thing he's done in a year, gets a ride.

This season is going to make or break a lot of careers if this economy doesn't turn around in my opinion.

SEANY

Reaction
I think Chad should get more money now that he can back flip. hehe ive seen it ;-)

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
To bad back flips don't win races.

rickf

Reaction
The NMA is not the only sanctioning body for Amateur racing. Ponca, World Mini (Vegas) and Branson are all NMA events. Loretta's, Lake Whitney and Winter Olympics are all AMA and Oak Hill (GNC finals) is kind of independent.

The rider mentioned above and countless other fail at professional racing becasue they lack the work ethic and desire to get to the top level and stay there. Amateur racing is very hard and all of these kids do it for a large portion of their careers and when they finally go to the pro's they think they've made it and they just don't continue the effort.

It is not always about money because some of these amateurs make a great living but big money does play a part. I am a firm believer that riders should be paid based on performance and not guaranteed money upfront, that just makes some of these kids glassy eyed so they can't see the big picture.
Bingo!!!
They get the 8" lifted truck and they're happy.

The other common mistake is these kids think they are being paid to race, they have to get it through their heads they are being paid to sell stuff.

57Racer

Reaction
Going to be a crazy season no doubt.

Cant believe Tedesco doesn't have a ride. I agree with you Mike on the Hansen comparison.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Latest rumor is Windham might be Stewart's teammate at L&M.

PBR

Reaction
did anyone watch the us open? i thought it was so weird, just the way it was done made everything kind of seem out of place. and for an hour and a half show we only got to see 20 minutes of racing, just weird.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
did anyone watch the us open? i thought it was so weird, just the way it was done made everything kind of seem out of place. and for an hour and a half show we only got to see 20 minutes of racing, just weird.
Not weird, just sh** broadcasting.

Reed ended up third down in Australia this last weekend aboard his new Kawasaki.

trentk

Reaction

I thought it was a wierd show too and the narrator made it seem very, I dunno, sanitary and boring.