Is Jeepspeed a Dying Class?

bobylax

At last years Parker 425, between class 1700 and 3700, there were 24 entries. This year there are 9! Is it the new 2 race format, or is there some other reason for the decline? I loved watching these guys pounding their Cherokee's and was amazed any of them finished. I would hate to see one of the true grass root/privateer classes go away.

johnnyweb

IDK I hope not! as it seems all the entry level classes are dying out.

Jeepspeedster

The Jeepspeed 3700 class rules are opening up. We are in process of modifying our limited 1700 to run bigger engine, suspension and tires. Adding cubical $$ to go faster.
it is still best value for your $$

Chris_Wilson

Why don't they drop the requirement to be a Jeep or Dodge product since Chrysler offers no support?

John Bitting

Administrator
I hope not, off road racing needs classes like Jeepspeed, great competition, affordable racing and great leadership within the series similar to TL. Hopefully its just that particular race and length keeping them away.

crazyeye

Why don't they drop the requirement to be a Jeep or Dodge product since Chrysler offers no support?
Then they'd have to change their name.

Chris_Wilson

Jeepspeed presented by Ford?

J Prich

1700 and 7100 are the only entry level production truck classes left that allow guys to take the trucks they have sitting in their driveways and turn them in to race trucks. I hope both are around for a long time to come!

swiftracing5

IMO It's just hard to digest the possible fall of the jeepspeed class, a company rooted in off road history... And the rise of UTVs and trophy truck spec for that matter. But I guess times they are a changing. I've never been a fan of jeeps myself but I'm sure no factory support would do it. Flame on.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Anaheim Gear

Definitely low car count for parker (usually the biggest turnout of the year), but should have twice the entries for the mint. I dont think its dying

ONE_RJ

Jeepspeed just like TrophyLite have some of the best races out on the course. Most of the teams are grass roots racers and are on a very limited budget. These guys depend on family & friends to help prep the vehicle, local businesses to sponsor parts and they scrape up entry fee money just to race. Some pick 1 or 2 favorite races to attend for the year.

Clive Skilton

Hey guys. Have a heart. Dying Class. NO WAY. Last year we had 23 class 1700 and 10 Class 3700 teams take the green flag. No other production based budget class comes close.( UTV no longer a budget class) We have 50 registered team numbers issued that have raced with us in the last 24 months or who are currently building cars. Yes, bit of a fluke that we are low on numbers for Parker but seems like a coincidence with many cars still apart over the winter. Looks like we will have a 12+ starters. Looking forward to a big entry at MINT.
Note to Jeepspeeder; we are not changing our rules in Class 1700 Jeepspeed Challenge. Rule changes are in open class 3700 and a new 3750 intermediate Class.
Our major sponsors General Tire and KMC Wheels have signed up for multi year support and new associate sponsors are coming on board. Our pay back at each race this year has been increased with an extra $500 winners bonus in both classes.
See you at the races.

Last edited:

trophygoat

I sure hope it sticks around cause my buddy is building his YJ up as we speak to race JS!

Clive Skilton

Don't worry. Jeepspeed is sticking around. We have seen five other Wranglers under construction. Three 2door Class 1700. One 4 door Class 3750. One 4 door Class 3700 with LS power. Plus a Dodge 3700. Also numerous other builds and some used cars changing hands. Jeepspeed is healthy.