Is Monster buying TORC?

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
One of the big Buzzes going thru the crowd on Friday night that Monster energy is Purchasing TORC. Can anyone confirm this?

speedfun

Reaction
Now that would be cool!!!!!!

hoeker

Reaction
One of the big Buzzes going thru the crowd on Friday night that Monster energy is Purchasing TORC. Can anyone confirm this?
i heard 2 months ago that there was MAJOR money coming in to totally eliminate any TORC financial concerns but i never heard who, it would be great to finally hear an outcome.

MADTERROR

Reaction
dont know but Redbull had it going on. Cool Redbull cups and RJ with 2 wins. Chuck did you have a good time?? Would have been cool to see you race.

450grl

Reaction
Now THAT would be awesome!!! Then Monster could buy LOORRS and it would be one huge series again! :)

RacerX

Reaction
If Monster bought TORC, would RJ have to find a new sponsor? Would Monster let other Energry Drink sponsors?

metalcore_xxx

Reaction
Well if Monster was interested in TORC, they sure weren't making their presence known. Redbull was there giving out drinks, and Rockstar had some girls out there walking around, but no Monster.

eric2448

Reaction
There are too many energy drink companies with too much money to let one have a huge stake in any series. Thats great if Monster wanted to step up like that, but if they want exclusivity or to limit what other drink sponsors can do at the track, I would say its a bad idea...

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
If Monster bought TORC, would RJ have to find a new sponsor? Would Monster let other Energry Drink sponsors?
.... hummm.... maybe thats what was holding up the TV agreement :confused: .... im just sayin

who am i anyways??... i dont know anything.......

jonpfive

Reaction
There are too many energy drink companies with too much money to let one have a huge stake in any series. Thats great if Monster wanted to step up like that, but if they want exclusivity or to limit what other drink sponsors can do at the track, I would say its a bad idea...
Very good point. No matter what the product line, exclusivity is not a good thing for motorsports. Having the "official" this or that does no harm, but exclusivity has proven itself to do more harm than good. Competition amongst brands is the best way.

spalind

Reaction
Now THAT would be awesome!!! Then Monster could buy LOORRS and it would be one huge series again! :)
Umm...Lucas could probly buy Monster and not blink...and I mean the entire company, not just some little racing series...there is NO chance of that (Monster buying LOORRS) unless Monster decides to WAAAAAY overpay for it...

450grl

Reaction
Then Lucas could buy TORC! :) I just want us all in the same driver's meeting again..... :) Selfish, I know..... ;)

prolite#7

Reaction
I :eek: have inside info who's buying TORC

Attachments

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
Tha d-o-g-g is down fo tha offroad movement!

dbphotos

Reaction
If exclusivity in series sponsors worked, don't you think NASCAR and IRL would do it? Sprint Cup has Alltel and AT&T sponsors... no problem. A race series can be much more stable in this economic environment with many sponsors giving a little each than depending on 1 large sponsor. What happens when the main sponsor says they don't have it in their budget anymore and you've alienated all the others? Better to invite all and if 1 or 2 drop off ou still have the bulk of your sponsor dollars. Basic business 101.

Just my 2 cents.

racechick

Reaction
Hey David

At&T and alltel are out as sprint cup sponsers Remember when At&T converted the cingular brand over to At&T there was a lawsuit that prevented the At&T name from being displayed on the cingular car, and they had to run the cingular logo for the remainder of the year.... now no more At&t/cingular car in sprint cup.