is nascar in trouble?

speedfun

Reaction
THE Bleacher report said that from the time they started reporting on the attendance in 2003 the last 2 races had 100.000 or less people in the stands--- the lowest ever. Talladega and charlotte have always been the highest in attendance up till now.
Also the fox deal is only for a 1/3 of the year and they took all the top TV races as well. $300 mil a year
My question is the 42 car starting grid? Is that still a part of the contract?
What happens when the SPRINT contract runs out? Who will take the series then?
Time will tell – but my friends in the south are completely over NASCAR as I hear ---

Captain Racer

Reaction
I wonder if this is going to have any impact?

TOKYO: Softbank's $20 billion takeover of mobile carrier Sprint Nextel is the latest big-ticket buy in Japan Inc.'s overseas shopping bonanza, a boom driven by a strong yen and a flaccid market at home.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
The teams do pack wipers and goodyear packs radials to all the road courses....true

Not anymore for the Cup series. They carried them around to the road courses for several years with no rain and finally decided not to do it and then we have had rain off and on at road cource races since then... I honestly think that was the whole reason NASCAR ran the Truck series at the Portland, OR road course track for a few years hoping for rain to run the rain tires in competition, but the weather was good each time they were there!!!

Offspring

Reaction
The Kansas tire...
A third of the field found the fence because of it!

Well they did re-pave the track and everyone knew you had to take care of it. Overall that re-pave and the re-design of the track was a winner. When that track weathers in, it should be a great race, if nothing else it's fast as hell.

racer56

Reaction
Nascar needs to add some dirt races. Dirt is for racing, asphalt is for getting there.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
NASCAR owns Grand-Am and Just merged with ALMS. If they don't screw things up too much in the merger ALMS GT racing is the best racing on earth. If they do it right it will hammer Indy racing.