• Forum membership has its advantages....

Is there a future for type IV's in class 10?

CoxTeamRacing

Is the eco the end of the road for the air-cooled class 10? I love where class 10 is heading with the eco, but can I keep running the my type-IV?

craigincali

I dont think so. The Ecotec isnt the "end all" of anything. I am starting to get intersted in the 2.0 Ford motor myself. Water cooled motors are alot heavier once you add up all the extra crap you need to cool the thing. Type 4 motors are great and still very competitive IMO.

EVO Racing

I don't think so as well with all promoters except score.... Only real down side I see with type IV is rebuilt cost... Im a big time honda guy myself. I got love for type IVs as well. The torque is SIC! But I wish their was a stock honda sealed motor that was approved to race with all promoters (like maybe the H22 out of a prelude).
I lost a honda sponsor due to swap to eco tec in december (a local dealer). We'll see how we do in 2012.... Got luck to you my friends!

B-Dub 1020

Is the eco the end of the road for the air-cooled class 10? I love where class 10 is heading with the eco, but can I keep running the my type-IV?
H ELL yes why not, just an option was added nothing taken away. Oscar I knew you guys ran the Honda but I thought it was because the Honda was proven to be an advantage over the Toyota 4 age or VW not that you just loved them. Get american Honda to put up money like Ford is and I bet a promoter might listen. We need to email GM also. We just need to keep engines on a level field or this class will die again. luv ya man!!!