Is there a photo program that can help me out???

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Does anyone know if there's a photo program out there that will add a watermark to every picture in a file (not like one of those Digimark watermarks, but just something translucent over an image so when people go taking pictures off the site it'll have the site name on it)...sort of like how Trackside does theirs, if you've ever seen them. Or even something that will just help me add a little logo in the corner of every picture in a file. If I have to go in and do it for every single picture it'll take me forever! HELP!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Re: Is there a photo program that can help me out?

Jen,

Adobe Photoshop is just about the best you can buy.
I've done alot with it for a long time, and it just keeps getting better.
And no worries, its available for PC's, not just Macs.

-Gabe

klaus

Administrator
Reaction

Gabe,

I know photoshop is batch ability...Could PS do what Jen asked in a batch job ? And if yes, how does it work ?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction

Jen,
They are right (as far as I know) Photoshop is probably your best bet. There is a watermark option in the filters pull down menu, but I haven't used it. Another way is to make another layer with your logo or text and you can adjust the transparency of that layer (maybe 20 - 40%) And you can save that as a separate file that you drag and drop onto your pics. And I am sure you can save an Action in Photoshop to make it automated so its faster.

I'm not a good teacher when I am typing it out. If you want some phone tech support I can probably help you out. :)

Curtis

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction

Thanks guys! Now I feel stupid though. I USE PHOTOSHOP! I obviously just don't know it all that well. I know how to add layers, but I was trying to avoid having to add it to ever single picture one at a time. I've also checked out the watermark filter option, but that's like some weird digital mark and you have to pay for it through a company called Digimark. I've been searching the help contents for a couple days now and I'm not finding anything that could do like what Klaus said: a batch thingy where it adds it to all pictures in a file. Curtis, when you say "action" what do you mean exactly? In my travels through the help contents I found something called "droplets" and they talked about assigning them "actions" but I didn't really understand what they did. In the meantime I'll check with that website and see if they can help! Thanks!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Ask Fidel. i know he doesnt do all those photos by hand.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction

On one of the windows that should be on the right (standard PS layout) there is an option called Actions. There are a bunch of pre made ones in there or you can make your own. there is a stop, play and record button on the bottom of the window. When you hit record it saves everthing you are doing until you hit stop. Like if you resized, applied a filter and whatever to a pic and wanted to do the exact same to other pics, then all you have to do is pick that action and hit play when you have the file open that you want to apply it to.

Hope I didn't confuse you to much.

curtis

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Jen,

Check our CompuPic Pro.

This is what we use at ORC.

PJCinLV