Is there LIVE race coverage for TORC this weekend?

hoeker

Reaction
there is a link under "event coverage" for live tracking. it doesn't seem to work now but should this weekend

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
Here is a press release from April. Jim can give you more info but unless something has changed I am assuming the TORR will belive in Texas:)

AMSOIL Continues Partnership with Totally Off Road
04/11/09 at 16:38:36
AMSOIL Continues Partnership with Totally Off Road Radio for 2009

Superior, Wis. ~ AMSOIL, INC., The First in Synthetics, has agreed to terms with Totally Off Road Radio to continue as the shows Official Oil partner.

The Totally Off Road Radio Show can be heard LIVE every Wednesday from 6-8pm on San Diego’s AM 1000 as well as on www.torrshow.com where listeners from around the world are able to catch the live action with industry insiders, racers and other special guests each and every week with the latest news and information in the world of off road.

Totally Off Road Radio broadcasts LIVE play-by-play race commentary from all of the TORC Races along with numerous other race broadcasts, live shows and special events.

“Totally Off Road Radio is the voice of off road racing,” said AMSOIL Race Program Manager Jeremy Meyer. “They have helped push the off road market to new heights by granting fans access to the top drivers and series through both the website and their affiliation with San Diego ’s AM 1000.

AMSOIL has increased its presence in the off road racing market over the past few years including title sponsorship of the AMSOIL Super Team of Scott Douglas, Mike Oberg and Chad Hord. AMSOIL is also the Exclusive Official Oil and Presenting sponsor the Traxxas TORC Series and sponsors a number of racers including Ricky Johnson, Steve Barlow and the Jenkins Brothers.

ABOUT THE COMPANY: AMSOIL has been the recognized leader in synthetic lubricants since 1972. AMSOIL is the Exclusive Official Oil of the Traxxas TORC Series presented by AMSOIL, AMA Pro Road Racing, ATVA and the AMSOIL Championship Snocross Series. For more information about AMSOIL synthetic motor oils, call (715) 392-7101 or contact AMSOIL INC, AMSOIL Building , Superior , WI 54880 , or go to www.amsoil.com.

http://www.totallyoffroadradio.com/forum/

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Here is a press release from April. Jim can give you more info but unless something has changed I am assuming the TORR will belive in Texas:)

AMSOIL Continues Partnership with Totally Off Road
04/11/09 at 16:38:36
AMSOIL Continues Partnership with Totally Off Road Radio for 2009

Superior, Wis. ~ AMSOIL, INC., The First in Synthetics, has agreed to terms with Totally Off Road Radio to continue as the shows Official Oil partner.

The Totally Off Road Radio Show can be heard LIVE every Wednesday from 6-8pm on San Diego’s AM 1000 as well as on www.torrshow.com where listeners from around the world are able to catch the live action with industry insiders, racers and other special guests each and every week with the latest news and information in the world of off road.

Totally Off Road Radio broadcasts LIVE play-by-play race commentary from all of the TORC Races along with numerous other race broadcasts, live shows and special events.

“Totally Off Road Radio is the voice of off road racing,” said AMSOIL Race Program Manager Jeremy Meyer. “They have helped push the off road market to new heights by granting fans access to the top drivers and series through both the website and their affiliation with San Diego ’s AM 1000.

AMSOIL has increased its presence in the off road racing market over the past few years including title sponsorship of the AMSOIL Super Team of Scott Douglas, Mike Oberg and Chad Hord. AMSOIL is also the Exclusive Official Oil and Presenting sponsor the Traxxas TORC Series and sponsors a number of racers including Ricky Johnson, Steve Barlow and the Jenkins Brothers.

ABOUT THE COMPANY: AMSOIL has been the recognized leader in synthetic lubricants since 1972. AMSOIL is the Exclusive Official Oil of the Traxxas TORC Series presented by AMSOIL, AMA Pro Road Racing, ATVA and the AMSOIL Championship Snocross Series. For more information about AMSOIL synthetic motor oils, call (715) 392-7101 or contact AMSOIL INC, AMSOIL Building , Superior , WI 54880 , or go to www.amsoil.com.

http://www.totallyoffroadradio.com/forum/
dont believe everything you read on the net......................hahahhhaa

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction

birdman

Reaction
i just heard from a friend that torr was not doing torc any more, not sure why they backed out all of a sudden, maybe they costed more than these other guys? not sure... anyone else have any insight? I just hope whoever puts on the online radio that its good...

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
jim told me he is now going...........

birdman

Reaction
this may sound dumb, but who is jim(I'm thinking he has something to do with torr)? and why was he not going in the first place? did torc or the pdg do something to upset him? spill the beans pete

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
i just heard from a friend that torr was not doing torc any more, not sure why they backed out all of a sudden, maybe they costed more than these other guys? not sure... anyone else have any insight? I just hope whoever puts on the online radio that its good...
jim told me he is now going...........
this may sound dumb, but who is jim(I'm thinking he has something to do with torr)? and why was he not going in the first place? did torc or the pdg do something to upset him? spill the beans pete
Alright, i just got confirmation from Jim Holthus (Totally off-road radio host) that he WILL indeed be doing LIVE race commentary from the TORC series! The commentary will be streamed LIVE from the TORC website ONLY ! and just so there isn't any confusion later on; nothing happened between Jim, the PDG or TORC!

You will be able to listen LIVE at www.torcseries.com !!

EdgeHost

The Voice
Reaction
and why was he not going in the first place? did torc or the pdg do something to upset him? spill the beans pete[/QUOTE]

Did they do something to upset us?? Wno, What kind of question is that.
It's Because what Ricky had initially planned for us never panned out yet and left us too little time to retain our own sponsors for our regular online race commentary that we are used to doing.

We now hope to be there this weekend though, Will know for sure early Wed
morning!

philsmike

Reaction
I'm going to try to update the TORC weekend of racing using my twitter account. along with my other duties covering my race clients.

www.twitter.com/mtgbumpracer

or just go to the homepage of www.bumpracer.com

remebmer you can sign up on twitter for free and them become a "follower" of mtgbumpracer to have the update sent directly to your account.

---A "follower" ?? hope that's not like a stalker.

baja619

Reaction
So Jim there wont be any AM1000 Broadcast on Saturday than? I am going to be out at the DRIVE race and will not have internet access.

EdgeHost

The Voice
Reaction
So Jim there wont be any AM1000 Broadcast on Saturday than? I am going to be out at the DRIVE race and will not have internet access.
Huh???
The only broadast we do on AM 1000 is the Wednesday night radio show from 6-8pm.

FYI; We have confirmation that in fact we will NOT be attending Texas!!

Last edited: