IS THIS FAIR TO ALL OF US

vman

Reaction
Bitd has sent out flyers to the 1600 drivers telling them that they will drop the entry fee for the parker race from $775 to $500 and still pay $250 back per car . Bitd has dropped the membership fee for the 1600s to $25 . That's nice but what about the rest of the classes are we paying extra to bring the 1600 class to parker for bitd ? I was thinking of teaming up and racing with a class 10 team and I want to pay $25 for membership and $500 for entry fee . I can see bitd point of view but lets treat all the classes the same. If casy is lowering the enrty and membershipn fee now does that mean we have been getting screwed for years?

racing

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I paid 25 for my BITD membership.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

frankh

Reaction
What about his letter about the buzzzz. Everone is talking about Parker. I think that buzz was last year. When it was the Parker 400 (miles)

deleted

----
Reaction
VMAN- dont complain about what a promoter is trying to do. They are not trying to single anybody out, they are just trying to get more cars to race their race. Hats off to Casey for putting this race together.

Matt Scaroni
SMD Motorsports
Flat-Bill Up

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Sounds like he is running it as a business to me. He knows that there are 75+ cars with Pro1600 so if he can get them all there its a win win situation. More cars for the fans and more money for BITD.

"faster than it looks"

vman

Reaction
So what you are saying is if you don't belong to a pro-group you get the shaft from bitd and don't say any thing?

racing

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Yep that is exactly what I am saying. Sure.. Re read my post and tell me where it says any of that. My point is that there are a lot of 1600 racers out there proven by the 74+ entries that pro1600 took to races. Casey or any promotor knowing this would try and sweeten up the deal to make as many as them as possible attend. Like I said a business move. Casey has always had a problem getting buggies to attend his races especially 1600 cars. Look at what Whiplash was able to do last year, It had tons of cars and trucks at Parker. I am sure Casey wants to make that race just as big of a turnout that Score used to have and that Whip had last year. If he only had his normal 10 8 trucks 3 Trophy trucks all the 7s and stock mini trucks. What would make the buggy racer or buggy spectator want to attend?

"faster than it looks"

vman

Reaction
That's just what they have asked bitd to do, they have asked not to start behind class 8 or 7 because they say last year they beat them.

racing

michael_loomis

Reaction
i agree that this a great move ,especially since 1600 is the biggest class and usually has the best finishing ratio, and i assume the lower membership is banking on most of the 1600's probably will only be racing bitd for this race.
yes 1600 should be in front of 7 open cause only two 7 opens consistently beat the majority of 1600's , and when they do catch a 16 car they are in the faster sections of the course and can easily out motor a 1600.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Promoting a race is not as easy as it seems, we have been doing it since 96', we have done exactally what casey has done. You do it to increase racer turn out. Plus, what is the problem, the more in a class means that the pot will be bigger. And yes promoting is a buisness, it is so time consuming that you can not do it, and have a full time job, it becomes a full time job. So you have to keep a roof over you head some how.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

rt_racer

Reaction
THEY NEVER STARTED IN FRONT AT PREVIOUS BITD RACES SO I CERTAINLY HOPE CASEY WOULDNT LET THEM CRY THERE WAY TO THE FRONT OF US.

vman

Reaction
on the pro-1600 web site they are say that is the condion of them racing with bitd , racing in front of the trucks

racing