is this good?

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Obviously it isnt.

Is there any teams out there racing sonomas or s10 in say 7s? i ask this cause on my passenger side lower a arms front bushing mount i discovered a crack (see attachment). In 7s they are not allowed to move the mounts correct? i wanna know how they gusset and brace and do what ever they do to there mounting points so i can cure this problem on my truck.

thanks,
Gregg

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Yup Hardin and S&S...fast too, but nowhere near stock!

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

phorensic2k

Reaction
OMG, that is insane! If you were to measure from various points in that location I would bet yours cracked EXACTLY where mine cracked, only mine traveled further. Get it welded quick, before failure. We used an arc welder and got some great penetration (proper rod). There must be a weak point there on all Sonomas (and/or S10s). Sucks, doesn't it?

michael_loomis

Reaction
funny ...my truck has been fine down there , everything happens around the top mounts.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Yeah mine was doing that to know i dont have to worry about that though but this crack is kinda disconcerning though

curt

Reaction
Don't just weld it up, add more metal as well to spread the load if it's a recurring problem. Weld up the crack first then make a flat piece with a hole in it for the a-arm bolt and weld it over the whole thing.

Curt

VORRA Class 7

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
For now we just welded it up. but in a few weeks i will be taking my truck back into the shop and we are going to try to box in and plate as much of the mount as possible and all the other lower control arm mounts. only thing about where the bolt goes through s that part of the mount is recessed in and there isnt much room for a plate casue the tie rod is only like a half inch or so from the mount. i guess my trucks just gonna be a dirtbike haulin pavement pounder for a while.