Is This Racing?

Baja Jim

Reaction
image.png
Log jambs are part of Baja Racing and if your on the right side of one its great. But with the technology we have today they should not determine the outcome of so many classes.

We saw yesterday where cars gained at least 2 hours on fellow competitors only 24 miles into the race. One thing even more interesting to watch was when a car could not make it up the hill they actually gain even more time because the next car or truck would have to wait to tow truck to clear before next car could try.

SCORE has the ability to verify the down time and take out of overall finishing time in insistence such as these. Not saying they should go back now and do it but it should be looked at for future races. We pay a lot to race and it should be a race.

powerbox_builder

Reaction
Don't forget about the a-hole line cutters, that crawled around the sides of the line, but still had to cut back in to go up the same way as everybody else. Many, but not all of them had blue lights.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
We get stuck in one last years baja 500. Ruined our whole day.

From my mobile device using Taptalk. Spelling mistakes likely.

Wendell #527

Reaction
Agree with Jim. That does ruin a race but hard to stop. The worst line cutters in other races I've been in with this were small slow cars that were narrow enough to crawl around. The worst part was afterwards when we caught them they would not lay over. not wanting to ague about it and Jim knows who I am talking about, but I agree if there is a way to make this right I would love it.

Reaction
You don't need technology, I called that exact spot to play out just like it did when we preran it on Friday.

That hill should never have been in the first 40 dust filled miles.

Not only did it destroy people's race it put everyone in danger as people started getting heat sickness there.

Very unfortunate situation.

swiftracing5

Reaction
On the bright side, the blue light brigade cutting the line only motivated me to drive faster once we cleared the hill to catch them.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Slippery P

Reaction
That's very ugly!
Although to complain about somebody line cutting because they have a vehicle which is capable of manuvering around that mess is ridiculous.
You better believe that if i came upon that mess driving a 4x4 race vehicle I would be finding a way around all you guys sitting there and would not feel bad about it at all.
It's Baja racing, and there has always been an advantage to some situation with 4wheel drive since it all started.

Reaction
If you can get around and through, that is one thing, but if you are only getting farther up and cutting in, it is another. That is what was happening.

That's very ugly!
Although to complain about somebody line cutting because they have a vehicle which is capable of manuvering around that mess is ridiculous.
You better believe that if i came upon that mess driving a 4x4 race vehicle I would be finding a way around all you guys sitting there and would not feel bad about it at all.
It's Baja racing, and there has always been an advantage to some situation with 4wheel drive since it all started.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
It's about time we parade out of Ensenada and start in Ojos.

powerbox_builder

Reaction
That's very ugly!
Using 4x4 to find another way up the hill would be cool, using it just to cut in line, is just cutting in line.
Waiting your turn and going up in an organized way one at a time was the only way for everybody to get up. We all could have jockeyed around and cut line on each other, and then nobody would have made it up

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Reaction
How does someone let someone cut in line and not take out there arse end?

Last edited:

NIKAL

Reaction
Don't forget about the a-hole line cutters, that crawled around the sides of the line, but still had to cut back in to go up the same way as everybody else. Many, but not all of them had blue lights.
That's very ugly!
Isn't this racing? I agree with Jason P, if you have the capibility to get around a log jam, then why sit and wait your turn! That's just dumb! I heard several UTV went around the line of parked racers, went up the hill, did not get stuck and continued on. Brilliant! If you ask me.

Guys this is racing, don't get butt hurt when a slower, smaller or whatever car is able to get around you and move on. Why should they jepordize timing out because of a bunch of "Faster" class cars can't make it up a hill. You don't hear 1600 guys crying that they can't hammer the whoops like a 10, 1 or TT. Every class has its pro's & cons. UTV' are smaller with 4 wheel drive.

Heathen43

Reaction
A couple years ago the summit was way backed up. I was in an unlimited 4wd solid axle. Nobody would let us by to pull the cars up. So I drove into a big rocky ravine passed a dozen cars. Hooked up to broke dick and pulled him up freeing the bottle neck. It was pretty ridiculous nobody would let us by to help. Especially being we were the only ones in our class. Any body that seen that will remember

Baja Jim

Reaction
Isn't this racing? I agree with Jason P, if you have the capibility to get around a log jam, then why sit and wait your turn! That's just dumb! I heard several UTV went around the line of parked racers, went up the hill, did not get stuck and continued on. Brilliant! If you ask me.

Guys this is racing, don't get butt hurt when a slower, smaller or whatever car is able to get around you and move on. Why should they jepordize timing out because of a bunch of "Faster" class cars can't make it up a hill. You don't hear 1600 guys crying that they can't hammer the whoops like a 10, 1 or TT. Every class has its pro's & cons. UTV' are smaller with 4 wheel drive.
It has nothing to do with 4x4 or smaller cars. Only 1 car could go every 30 or 40 seconds and cutting around a capible car in front of you does not constitute racing? Now if said smaller / capible 4x4 climb the side of the hill and created their own line then more power to them! That's not what happened. That's the beech

Robin Hood

Reaction

UTV' are smaller with 4 wheel drive.
Using 4x4 to find another way up the hill would be cool, using it just to cut in line, is just cutting in line.
Waiting your turn and going up in an organized way one at a time was the only way for everybody to get up. We all could have jockeyed around and cut line on each other, and then nobody would have made it up

Nessy

Reaction
A couple years ago the summit was way backed up. I was in an unlimited 4wd solid axle. Nobody would let us by to pull the cars up. So I drove into a big rocky ravine passed a dozen cars. Hooked up to broke dick and pulled him up freeing the bottle neck. It was pretty ridiculous nobody would let us by to help. Especially being we were the only ones in our class. Any body that seen that will remember
I definitely remember and was hoping you would pull some of the other yahoos that were severely lacking driving skills. That ravine was pretty gnarly and it was impressive watching the rock crawling.

Reaction
Todd, you miss the point - they couldn't get around the log jam, only one vehicle at a time could get through, all they did is cut in line in front of cars waiting their turn who had no problem getting through.

Kinda like passing on a Yellow Flag - if that makes it any clearer to you...