• Forum membership has its advantages....

Is Viv bi?...ever since I posted a 25-year-old GMC in the classifieds...

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
...I find stuff like this in my spam box. Not that much, so kinda funny, especially since it's common knowledge that my banker is Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe...read on and watch Viv change gender:

Re: Transfer of Funds to your nominated account.
Attn:
This is to inform you that our finance company has been mandated by the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to remit your outstanding Funding that is in a suspense deposit account here. We shall remit your fund in four (4) instrumental phases. The management will also like to Inform you that our remittance department has been receiving different request from different individuals/companies for the claims to the funds and a change to the beneficiary status and account details.
Recently there was a formal request by Mr. Edward C. Ringer of Ringer Company, Tampa Bay, Florida for the change of your account to Terrace Bank through some individuals claiming to be your local representatives here in Nigeria.
The management will like you to send the following information for the successful transfer of your funds and also to avoid the transfer of your funds into a different nominated account and wrong beneficiary.
The information required from you is listed below:
1) Your full name and address
2) Your banking details where your funds will be transferred.
3) Your telephone and fax number.
You are required to get in touch with Mrs.Vivian Smith who is your payment officer on ([email protected]) for further instructions on how your funds will be transferred.
There is an option if you want the funds to be brought to you in your country then you can advise your payment officer on that issue. Be advised that you have fulfilled all financial obligations required from you to get your funds transferred into your account.
In regards to the present situation, a lot of people are claiming that you gave them authority over your funds and you are therefore advised in your own interest to cut off all communications between you and your local representatives to avoid the wrongful transfer of your funds into another Persons account.
The Management will like to apologize on behalf on the Federal Government of Nigeria for the long delay of the transfer of your funds into your account. On receipt of your mail or phone call to the Payment officer (Mr.Vivian Smith) your funds will be transferred into your account Under 10 working days.
You are advised to adhere to this instruction.
Congratulations.
Yours Sincerely,
Stanford Issac

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Maybe I oughta respond to this one? :D I could get a Gieser!

Dear Friend,

I am Mr Assan Ibrahim, Staff of Bank Of Africa in Burkina faso. I would like you to indicate your interest to receive the transfer of ($22 Million Dollars.) I will like you to stand as the next of kin to my late client whose account is presently dormant for claims. Please once you are interested kindly send me the following details information below.

1.Full Name ...........
2. Private tel.............
3. Your Age................
4. Your Country........
5. Your Occupation....

Regards
Mr Assan Ibrahim

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Today's Scam Spam?

Looks legit to me, NOT:

This sender is DomainKeys verified
"Yahoo!" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients
YAHOO ACCOUNT VERIFICATION ALERT !!! (KMM69467VL055834KM)

Yahoo Mail has discovered series of illegal attempts on your Yahoo Account from different Ip Locations and will shut your account as it has been flagged as a spam account. You are thus immediately required to Secure Your Online Access by Manually Filling The Form Below by clicking on the reply-to button on your page, Filling Correct Information Carefully and Sending to Yahoo Alert Center:

Yahoo! ID Card

Name:............................ .............................. .

Yahoo! ID:.............................. .......................

Yahoo! Mail Address:......................... ..........

Password:........................ .............................. .

Member Information

Gender:.......................... .............................. ....

Birth-date:....................... .............................. ..........

Country:...................... ................................. ............

Occupation.................................................................

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account 24 hours hours of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.
take the survey

Yahoo! Customer Care

Case number: 8941624
Property: Account Security

Yahoo! Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
How come the RPS/El taco thread gets more views?:rolleyes:

Dear Beloved,

I am Mrs. Helen Robert, I am 58 years old, I am deaf and suffering from a long time cancer of the breast which also affected my brain. From all indication my condition is really deteriorating, and my doctors have courageously advised me that I may not live beyond the next two months, this is because the cancer stage has reached a critical stage. I was brought up in a motherless baby’s home, and was married to my late husband for twenty years without a child. My husband and I are true Christians, but quite unfortunately, he died in a fatal motor accident on his way to the neighboring country for a Charity donation.

Since his death I decided not to re-marry, I sold all my inherited belongings and deposited all the sum of $5.2million dollars with a Bank in Ouagadougou - Burkina Faso, Africa where we spend all our life together as Investor. Presently, this money is still in their custody, and the management just wrote me as the Legitimate beneficiary to come forward to receive the money after keeping it for so long or rather issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my behalf since I can not come over as a result of my illness, or they get it confiscated.

Presently, I'm with my laptop in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment. I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to live.

It is my last wish to see that this money is invested in any organization of your choice and distributed each year among the charity organization, the poor and the motherless baby’s home where I come from. I want your good humanitarian, to also use this money to fund churches, orphanages and widows around. I must let you know that this was a very hard decision, but I had to take a bold step towards this issue because I have no further option. I hope you will help see my last wishes come true.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank. I will also issue you a letter of authority which will prove that you are the new beneficiary of my funds. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hope to hear from you
Soonest.

Yours in Christ,
Mrs. Helen Robert.

djblakely

Here is one I recieved tonight;

FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF SOUTH AFRICA
Tell: + 27 731690631
E-mail: [email protected]

Dear: Friend,

Do accept my sincere apologies if my mail does not meet your personal ethics. I will introduce myself as Mr. David Brown, the accountant staff in the accounts management section of the above firm here in the South Africa.

This is the detail of what I want you to assist me in doing, One of our accounts with holding balance of US$25,000.000.00 (Twenty Five Million United States Dollars) has been dormant and has not been operated for the past four (9) years. From my investigations and confirmations, the owner of this account, a foreigner by name (Mr. Kurt Kahle) died in July, 2000, For more Information see BBC News on:-http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

And since then nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money because he has no family members who are aware of the existence of neither the account nor the funds. I have secretly discussed this matter with a senior official of this bank and we have agreed to find a reliable foreign partner to deal with. We thus propose to do business with you, standing in as the next of kin of these funds from the deceased and funds released to you after due processes have been followed.

Noted that in percentage you will be entitled to 30% of the total sum as gratification, while 5% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer while 65% will be for my partners and me.

Please you have been advised to keep top secret and noted that this transaction is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and does not originate from drug, money laundry, terrorism or any other illegal act. On receipt of your response I will furnish you with detailed clarification as it relates to this mutual benefit transaction, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible if you are interested and with your trust. And also furnish me with the following information’s.

For us to proceed, you have to urgently send to me the following information’s because this are the information required from the lawyer who will obtain all legal documents needed to establish you as the next of kin and legal beneficiary of the funds, To get the required approval for the release and transfer of the fund to your bank account.

YOUR FULL NAMES...................
YOUR TEL/FAX NUMBERS.........
YOUR COUNTRY....................….
YOUR OCCUPATION..............….
YOUR HOUSE ADDRESS…………
YOUR STREET ADDRESS………..
YOUR AGE…………………………..
As soon as i receive the above information’s i will contact the lawyer who will obtain all the legal clarify approval document under your name.

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU REPLY BACK.
Mr. MR. DAVID BROWN
Tell: + 27 731690631
E-mail: [email protected]